After facing more than two hundred years of slavery and exploitation, caused by the cruel British regime our country got freedom on August 15, 1947.
The freedom we enjoy today didn’t come our way so easily. We got it because of the supreme sacrifice our people made during the Indian freedom movement.
Many freedom movements and freedom fighters made this happen and free us from the shackles of slavery.
People of our generation didn’t see the time when our country was a colony of Britishers, so most of us are not aware of the extent of cruelty and oppression Indians faced during the British Raj.
And finally, many years of freedom struggle resulted in our Independence on August 15, 1947. At that time George VI was the head of state and Earl Mountbatten was the governor-general.
After receiving Independence there was the need for a proper and permanent constitution because even after independence we were following the same British constitution that was the modified version of the (Colonial) Government of India Act 1935.
So a drafting committee was established under the chairmanship of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on August 29, 1947, to draft the permanent constitution for our country.
The constitution was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on November 26, 1949, and came into effect just two months after on January 26, 1950.
India was declared the Independent Republic and 26 January was declared as the Republic Day of India. From that day onwards, we celebrate it every year on 26th January.
Republic Day 2023 Wishes, Images, Quotes
These are some beautiful images and quotes you can share with your friends to wish them a very Happy Republic Day 2023.
- Hope our Nation flourishes with peace and prosperity. Happy New Year 2023 !!
- We owe our lives to those who sacrificed theirs for the Nation. Happy Republic Day !!
- May our beautiful country break the shackles of poverty and discrimination.
- Our freedom was not given, it was taken… Happy Republic Day!!
- Let’s bow to the freedom fighters who had gifted us our Azaadi!!
- May this culturally rich and diverse country always stick to its principle of “Unity in Diversity”.
- Hope the idea of tolerance and acceptability roots deeply in our soil. Happy Republic Day!!
- May the sanctity of our beautiful Nation be immortal.
- Let’s take a pledge to build our country better economically as well as morally..
- There is only one common sacred book in all religions of our country, which is our Constitution. Let’s value and protect it. Happy Republic Day 2023!!
How We Celebrate Republic Day?
Every year, We celebrate Ganatantra Diwas with full enthusiasm and pride. Various programs and competitions are organized in every school, college, and organization to mark the celebration.
In schools, sweets are distributed to children and teachers, and various competitions like dance, singing, and art competitions are organized.
One of the most beautiful ways of celebration is the Republic Day Parade, which took place in Delhi along Rajpath, performed by our Armed Forces
The parade starts from Rashtrapati Bhavan (Presidential Palace), and from there it marches towards India Gate, and from there to Red Fort.
We enjoy the live telecast of the Republic Day Parade on television with family and friends. It feels our heart with joy and parade to see our soldiers marching and showcasing India’s might to the world.
This Republic Day let’s take the pledge to uplift the people of our country instead of bringing them down.
Let’s be true to ourselves, our country, and our constitution. Wish you all a very Happy Republic Day 2023!!