Hindi day or Hind Diwas is celebrated to honour as well as tell the importance of Hindi language and motivate people, especially youngsters to adopt the language more and more.
There is a huge number of people across the globe who speak the language. Reportedly, over 42 crore people around the world speak Hindi as their first language and around 12 crore people speak it as a second language.
Indian states which have Hindi as their official/additional official language are- Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
Hindi Diwas 2022 Inception
In 1949, two years after India’s independence from British rule, The Constituent Assembly of India recognised and adopted Hindi- an Indo-Aryan language written in the Devanagari script- as the official language of the country. It is one of the 22 scheduled languages of the Republic of India.
After 1949, the then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, decided to celebrate Hindi Diwas on September 14, every year and since then, it has been celebrated annually on the same date in India. (Do not confuse it with World Hindi Day, which is also celebrated for the same purpose, but on January 10, every year.)
How Hindi Day Celebrated?
On the occasion of Hindi Diwas, many cultural festivals are observed across the country to celebrate Hindi literature. The awards like Rajbhasha Kirti Puruskar, Rajbhasha Gaurav Puruskar are conferred to the Ministries, Departments, Public Sector Units, Nationalised Banks and citizens for their contribution in Hindi languages.
Hindi Diwas 202 Wishes, Images & Quotes
You can also send these quotes and wishes to your known ones to wish a very Happy Hindi Diwas 2022.
- This beautiful occasion of Hind Was reminds us of how magical the Hindi language is. Happy Hindi Diwas!!!
- Let’s honour and promote the beautiful Hindi language wherever you go!!
- Hindi is My Mother Tongue and I respect her like I respect my mother. Happy Hindi Diwas!!
- Har Ek Hindibhashi Ko Hindi Diwas Ki Dher Saari Shubhkaamnayein.
- Hindi is one of the official languages of our country and hence it should be respected by every citizen of the country.
- The occasion of Hindi Diwas reminds us all how proud we are to learn and speak it. Happy Hindi Diwas 2022!!
- With a growth of Indian culture, the growth of Hindi as a language is also important.
- It is our duty to spread the awareness of Hindi language in every platform.
- Let’s proudly speak Hindi and motivate people to do the same. Happy Hindi Diwas 2022!!
- Hindi, not a National language, but the most spoken language of the country.
- Hame Garv Hai Apni Matra Bhasha Hindi Par. Aap Sabhi ko Hindi Diwas Ki Shubhkamnaye!!