The day of Karwa Chauth is one of the most important days in the life of a Hindu married woman. On this day, they keep fast without eating or drinking anything for the whole day.
They do this to pray for the good health and longevity of their husbands. The day also marks the dedication and devotion of a married woman towards her husband.
On this occasion of Karwa Chauth, women adorn themselves with new clothes and jewelry while also applying Mehendi to their hands. The fast is only broken after the moon rises and the women offer water to it. Husbands then feed their wives and break their fast.
Although these days there are many husbands as well who keep this fast for their better half, it is mostly women who are more determinant. This year this lively festival will be observed on October 14.
One important ritual that is followed on this occasion is that the husband showers his wife with gifts for her continued devotion towards him. And to help all the husbands, we are here to help you all in finding that perfect gift that will surely make all her hunger and thirst worth it!
Karwa Chauth 2022 Gift Ideas
- Silk Saree: What better than gifting your better half with a beautiful silk saree. She is sure to look like a queen in this. You can opt for different types of silk, for instance, Banarsi silk or what more can she ask you for if you go for a Kanjeevaram!
- Diamond Ring (or Gold, Platinum): If you know your partner well, you are bound to choose the right metal for her. You can go with a single solitaire and who doesn’t know that diamonds are women’s best friends! Well, that said, this will also mark your love for her and that you are dedicated to her for the rest of your life with a promise to keep her happy always.
- Pendant Set: Going a step ahead, you can buy her a pendant set that will surely be an asset for her. She can always wear it at parties or ceremonies. A gold or diamond pendant set is everyone’s favorite and you can get these from jewelry shops like Tanishq, TBZ, or any other brand.
- Wrist Watch/smart watch: When you know your partner is a keeper, she is surely going to like this gift. A good wristwatch of her favorite brand is a go-to gift for any man. He can buy it without even thinking. This can be bought within your budget (or even above your budget if she endorses higher brands!).
- Leather Bag: From Gucci to Prada, or Hidesign to Caprese, the options are endless. A woman can never say no to a handbag! Your job is to know what size and color is her favorite! From pink to basic brown, choose any and surprise your lady love with this wonderful leather bag!
- Skincare Essential Kit: This special kit is something you can never go wrong with! Just don’t commit the mistake of buying a brand she never uses. Bodyshop, Lakme, Loreal, and many others are basic brands that women often use so these are safe to buy. Women surely tend to take care of their skin at every stage of life so this gift is a yes yes!
- Flowers: This not-so-expensive gift idea is evergreen. Every woman loves the fragrance of those fresh flowers and you can buy her a bouquet to make her day all the more cheerful.
- Hand-made Card: A special way to thank your beloved is by gifting her something that has been made by you! And the idea of making a hand-made card is sure to bring a huge smile to her face, signifying your utmost love and care for her.
Special Things To Do For Your Wife on Karwa Chauth
To thank your wife for her day-long of devotion to you, your prime responsibility is to keep her happy the whole day so he mind is diverted from hunger and thirst. In order to help you, we have a whole lot of ideas for this. Though the list is endless, you can check out a few as follows:
- The biggest thing that you can do for her is by spending all your time with her. Be there for her, and talk to her.
- Spend the day taking her out on her favorite activity, be it shopping or taking a stroll down the road.
- Surprise her with food made by you after her fast is over and let her know you can be the house chef sometimes too.
- Watch her favorite movie quietly at home and spend quality time together.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to be grateful and let her know she’s valued.