The Islamic New Year starts with the month of Muharram. This year the Muharram moon was sighted on 30 July so the Ashura will begin in the evening of August 8 and end in the evening of 9 August this year.
The date of Islamic New Year changes every year. According to the Islamic lunar calendar (Hijri Calendar) it is 11 days shorter than the Gregorian calendar which has 354 days and sometimes 355 days. The Islamic New Year also has 12 months and the Islamic New Year is also known as Hijri New Year.
The month of Muharram is considered the second Holiest month after the month of Ramzan and after the month of Muharram is the month of Dhul al-Hijjah and in this month Muslims perform Hajj (go to the pilgrimage).
The month of Muharram is one of the four sacred months of the year when war is forbidden, Muharram is a time for reflection and self-punishment.
New Islamic Year Date, History & Significance
Day of Ashura Date, History & Significance
Happy Muharram Wishes, Images & Status
- On the day of Muharram, may Allah bless you with health, wealth, peace, and happiness.
- Practice Sabr and Allah will bless you.
- May Allah protect you from Ego, Sins and Pride.
- May this Muharram bring you a happy and new life.
- Pray for your and your family’s happiness and well-being on this pious occasion of Muharram.
- Happy Muharram! Never get affected by other people’s words, Have faith in Allah.
- Allah is not punishing you. Trust his plans. Muharram Mubarak!
- Muharram Mubarak! The day of Ashura is the day of memory, the end of truth over falsehood.
- Wish you a Happy Muharram. May your life be always protected by the blessings of Allah.