After Christmas, it’s time for us to get ready to welcome the New Year 2023 with a drum roll and pray that this year brings with it lots of good wishes and blessings throughout! December 31 is called New Year’s Eve and people all across the globe celebrate it with much enthusiasm and fervor.
Different countries celebrate the day differently and are commonly marked by parades, fireworks, lights, sweets, and meeting friends and family!
This day is especially important to say goodbye to all the sorrows and difficulties that the last year posed us with and welcome the New Year with the hope that it proves to be fruitful for us and brings with it lots of good luck and success to us! Welcome, 2022.
New Year’s Eve Celebration Ideas
Amid the global pandemic, celebrations of every kind have seen a huge downfall, with people refraining to visit parties and crowded places. Last year was a completely virtual observation of every event but this time since the conditions have improved, people are planning out better ideas.
So here is a list of things you can do to ring in the New Year 2023!
Visit live concerts
There are various party halls and hotels that organize mega live concerts during New Year’s eve. People can sing, dance, eat, drink, and have fun during the whole event! The highlight of the show is always the countdown that is followed just 10 seconds before New Year!
Host a Party At Home
If you’re one of those who just like to sit back and relax, then this idea is for you! You can arrange an at-home party and call your friends and family to enjoy the evening. Here you have two options, you can either prepare the food yourself or totally relax by ordering something online!
Bonfire with Family
Now, this is an all-time hit idea! You can sit in your backyard or balcony and fire some wood to host a bonfire party with your family! To add more to it, you can also arrange a barbeque and relinquish that fresh taste of smoky dishes!
Watch the fireworks
This is something that strikes you with delight and brings a sparkling shine to your eyes! You can indulge in witnessing the beautiful New Year’s Eve fireworks by either watching it from your own house outside or if you’re eager to watch the fireworks across the globe you can watch it live on television. It is anyway a treat to watch it!
Go out for a Ride
If you go out on a New Year’s Eve, you will enter an altogether different world! The streets and houses are so beautifully decked up with lights and decorations that you are bound to be amused by it all!
If you have nowhere else to go, you can surely roam around the whole city and witness the beauty of this evening all by yourself! Be it the sparkling lights, or the glimmering diyas, New Year’s Eve is not to be missed!
New Year’s Eve Greetings & Messages
Welcome this New Year with these set of lovely messages and share it with your loved ones:
- May this New Year Eve be the last of all your sorrows and bad luck, and the next year bring you joy and prosperity throughout!
- Let us welcome the New Year with lots of enthusiasm and hope that it brings with it lots of new opportunities for us! Happy New Year Eve
- Let us all gather together and say goodbye to the old year on New Year’s Eve and say hi to the New Year!
- Remember all the good memories that the last year gave you and forget all the bad ones! Wishing you luck, happiness, and prosperity this New Year!
- Let’s sing a New Year song today and be merry!
- Love, peace, and joy are all that I wish for you today as we welcome the New Year on New Year’s Eve today!
- May you achieve all that you wish for and glow like a shining star in whatever you do! Happy New Year Eve!
Did You Know?
- The first New Year was celebrated 4000 years back.
- The famous American ball drop is witnessed by around 1 million people who gather at New York Times Square.
- New Year is symbolized by baby New Year just like Santa Claus is the symbol of Christmas.
- It is considered auspicious to eat green leafy vegetables on New Year as they are said to bring good luck and prosperity!
- March 1 marks the New Year in ancient Rome.
- Fireworks were invented by the Chinese.
- The song that is sung on New Year’s Eve is “Auld Lang Syne”, which means times gone by!
- New Year is celebrated the earliest at the Pacific island of Kiribati which is said to be located at the world’s earliest time zone.
We wish everyone, a very very Happy New Year ahead. Enjoy the last day of 2022, make some resolutions for the betterment of our society and human being.