Ugadi, or Yugadi, is the Hindu calendar’s new year’s day, and it is observed in the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, and Goa.This celebration is held on the first day of Chaitra, the Hindu lunisolar calendar month.
Ugadi is an important Hindu festival, with medieval texts and inscriptions documenting significant charitable donations to Hindu temples and community centers on this day. This day is celebrated as a new year by Hindus in many other parts of India, such as Gudi Padwa in Maharashtra.
Ugadi 2023 Date
According to Hindu Calender, Pratipada Tithi Begins at 22:55:24 on March 21, 2023 and Pratipada Tithi will end at 20:23:34 on March 22, 2023. Yugadi also occurs during the Tamil months of Panguni or Chithrai, occasionally on the day after Amavasya with the 27th Nakshatra, Revati. The first full moon after the March Equinox marks Ugadi day.
On this day, some individuals eat foods with six distinct flavors. They think that life is a blend of different emotions, and that each emotion is like a taste. This specific day is known for a delicacy known as Ugadi Pachadi. It contains all six flavors.
Ugadi 2023 Wishes
- Ugadi is an important occasion that is celebrated with fanfare and religious fervor. May the day be kind to you and your family… Good Luck, Good Health, and Happy Times!
- May this Ugadi mark the beginning of a wonderful and fulfilling path for you!
- May you be blessed with prosperity and good fortune on this auspicious day of Ugadi!
- May the Yugadi bring you and your family pleasure and prosperity on this day!
- May the new year bring you and your family joy, prosperity, and success.
- I pray that this New Year gives you endless joys and new hopes. Happy Ugadi to you!
- On this auspicious occasion of Yugadi, I wish you prosperity, health, and wealth.
Happy Ugadi Image
FAQs Related to Ugadi
Ans. Ugadi is on 22 March in the year 2023.
Ans. Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, and Goa celebrate the Ugadi festival every year.