Captain Marvel Day 1 Box Office Collection In India: Marvel’s first female-led superhero film Captain Marvel is off to a big opening at the Indian box office.
The first female-led superhero film in the Marvel Universe, Captain Marvel, released yesterday. Starring Brie Larson in the role of Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, the film is directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.
Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has a huge fan following in India. Captain Marvel was always expected to take a good opening in India, however, the actual numbers are way above expectations.
As per the reports coming, Captain Marvel recorded 55% to 60% occupancy on the first day. This is the best opening of the year in terms of occupancy beating Bollywood biggies like Total Dhamaal and Gully Boy.
As per early estimates, Captain Marvel 1st day box office collection in India would be around 13 crores. This is a very big number for a film released on just 1900 screens.
If Captain Marvel goes past 12.03 crores then it would be second highest opening for a Hollywood movie in India beating Fast and Furious 7 (12.03 crores). Avengers Infinity War is at the top of the list with the opening day collection of 31.23 crores.
Top 10 Hollywood opening day grossers in India
1. Avengers – Infinity War (2018) – 31.23 crores
2. Fast & Furious 7 (2015) – 12.03 crores
3. The Avengers – Age Of Ultron (2015) – 10.96 crores
4. The Jungle Book (2016) – 10.12 crores
5. Fast & Furious 8 (2017) – 9.57 crores
6. Mission Impossible 6: Fallout (2018) – 9.5 crores
7. Deadpool 2 (2018) – 9.48 crores
8. Captain America (2016) – 8.46 crores
9. Batman v Suoerman (2016) – 7.93 crores
10. Thor: Ragnorak (2017) – 7.78 crores
Avengers Infinity War released last year is the biggest Hollywood blockbuster in India. The next film is the Avengers series (Avengers End game) will release on 26 April 2019. Captain Marvel has taken a big opening probably due to its big connection to Avengers End game.