After the match of India vs New Zealand got canceled at Nottingham due to heavy rain on 13th June both the teams are ready to battle it out with plenty more at stake today.
It’s a historic moment for all the cricket fans as India and New Zealand will meet for the first time in World Cup 2019 on Tuesday.
From Nottingham where these two teams had to meet for the clash ideally, both these powerhouses will now meet each other for a tough fight at Old Trafford, Manchester.
This will be the seventh time India will show it’s powerplay in the World cup semi-final while New Zealand will head for their 8th clash. A day later, Australia will square off against England at Birmingham.
The Kiwis have lost six times and have advanced only once to the final. In 2015, they played against Australia in the final which they lost by a big margin. India, on the other hand, has lost three and won three world cup semi-finals.
Both the teams hold lots of experience of playing in the knockouts, but for the first time, they will face each other in the semifinal match of the World Cup.
The Indian team will be looking to level it’s recorded when they play at Old Trafford on Tuesday against New Zealand. New Zealand has got a 4-3 advantage over India.
World cup past results for Ind vs New Zealand: India(3), New Zealand (4)
- 1975 World Cup: New Zealand defeated India by 4 wickets
- 1979 World Cup: New Zealand again snatched victory from India by 8 wickets
- 1987 World Cup: India won against New Zealand by 16 runs
- 1987 World Cup: New Zealand got defeated by 9 runs from India
- 1992 World Cup: New Zealand defeated India by four wickets
- 1999 World Cup: India defeated New Zealand by five wickets
- 2003 World Cup: India defeated New Zealand by seven wickets
- 2019 World Cup: After the washout New Zealand and India share points