An electronic firm, “NOTHING” announced that it will manufacture its first smartphone named ‘Phone 1’ in Tamil Nadu, India.
The company is London based, is a startup of Co-founder of OnePlus. It entered the market last year with the launch of its first wireless earbuds named Nothing Ear 1.
Nothing Phone (1) Launch Date
Nothing Phone 1 will be launched on July 12, 2022. The phone will be launched via virtual event called ‘Return to Instinct’ at 8:30 pm on YouTube. Earlier it was announced that the phone will enter the market by the end of the year.
The pre booking will start after the launch and the sale is likely to be started from July 18 onwards. According to the information leaked on Twitter by tipster Mukul Sharma, the phone can be pre booked by a customer by paying Rs. 2000.
Sources tell that the phone will be sold through Flipkart and will be launched in translucent design similar to Nothing Ear 1.
Specifications that can be expected
- Nothing Phone 1 is likely to be powered by octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 788G processor. The phone is expected to have a 6.55 inch full HD screen display. It might have a 90 Hz refresh rate.
- The phone is likely to run Android 12 with the company’s own OS.Three years of OS updates and four years of security updates will be provided for the device.
- The smartphone is said to include an 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
- Talking about the camera, the phone will have three rear cameras. The 1st will be of 50MP, second of 8MP and tertiary camera will be of 2MP. A 32MP front camera is also included in the phone specification.
- The phone will come with a wireless charger and battery backup will be 4500 mAh.
Carl Pei, the CEO and co-founder of Nothing, stated in a recent tweet that the gadget would come with wireless charging functionality.
Carl Pie tweet reads,“We chose the wireless charging coil as our hero among the 400+ smartphone components, and played with it like a puzzle.”
Unlearn. Undo. Starting with phone (1).
Nothing (event) – Return to Instinct.
Tuesday 12 July, 16:00 BST.
— Nothing (@nothing) June 8, 2022