The full form of BHM is Bachelor of Hotel Management, it is one of the popular bachelor’s degree courses for students interested in making their career in the hospitality industry. The duration of the BHM course is 3 years consisting of 6 academic semesters. As it is a bachelor’s degree program. Hence, students can directly opt for this degree course after 12th.
The objective of Bachelor of Hotel Management Courses is to train or prepare the eligible candidates for the professional hospitality industry. The course curriculum for BHM comprises various hospitality-related subjects including housekeeping operations, front office operations, food and beverage services, kitchen services, etc.
The candidates are also given hands-on practical training and internships to make them industry-ready after the completion of the course.
Course & Fee Details
Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) is a 3-year duration professional course which is designed to provide knowledge of various sectors of the Hospitality Industry, including housekeeping, receptionist, chef, waiter, etc.
The Academic Fee for Bachelor of Hotel Management Courses is usually based on the university or institutions offering the BHM Course. The Average Academic Fee for BHM Courses will be around 20,000 to 50,000 per semester.
The course fee is generally less in government-sponsored institutions as compared to private institutions.
Below are the complete eligibility norms that a candidate must satisfy to be eligible for Admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed their 10+2 intermediate or equivalent level examination from any recognized board.
- Subjects: Applicants must have English as one of their mandatory subjects in their qualifying examination.
- Marks: He/she must have obtained at least 50% Marks in their qualifying examination to be eligible for admission.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in their final academic examination in the same year can also apply for BHM Course.
The admission process for BHM courses is based on the results of national, state, and university-level entrance exams, as well as the candidate’s academic performance. Some institutions also offer direct admission to their BHM programmes based on available seats.
After passing the exam, a counselling session will be held in which candidates must participate and enter their college/institute preferences. Following that, candidates will be assigned colleges based on their rank and score. The admissions process will be completed once the candidates have paid their fees and verified their academic credentials.
Admission to the top-ranked Hotel Management institutions will be regulated based on the National, State, or University level examination.
Following are the list of National, State, and University level entrance examination for admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management (BMH) program:
- NCHMCT JEE
- IPU CET
- AIMA UGAT
- AIHMCT WAT
- GNIHM JET
- Oberoi STEP
The Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) Examination syllabus will include topics such as Numerical Ability, Reading Comprehension, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Hospitality Sector Questions, English, General Knowledge, and so on.
The syllabus is designed to put candidates’ technical and non-technical skills to the test. The complete syllabus for the Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) Examination is available on the websites of the respective institutions or exam conducting authorities.
Here is the list of top-ranked BHM Colleges across the Country.
- Institute Of Hotel Management, Catering And Nutrition – [IHM], New Delhi.
- Institute Of Hotel Management – [IHM], Bangalore.
- Institute Of Hotel Management Catering Technology And Applied Nutrition – [IHM], Mumbai.
- Welcomgroup Graduate School Of Hotel Administration – [WGSHA], Manipal.
- Institute Of Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition – [IHM], Hyderabad.
- Institute Of Hotel Management Catering Technology And Applied Nutrition – [IHM], Chennai.
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, – New Delhi.
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Hotel Management Catering And Nutrition – [IHM], Chandigarh.
- Army Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology – [AIHMCT], Bangalore.
- Chandigarh Institute Of Hotel Management And Catering Technology – [CIHMCT], Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh Institute Of Hotel Management And Catering Technology – – [CIHMCT], Chandigarh.
Scope and Salary
The hospitality industry is one of the leading employment-providing sectors across the globe. The economy of many countries around the world is dependent on their hospitality industry. Therefore the demand for skilled hospitality professionals is always high around the world.
The scope for a professional Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) degree holder from a recognized institution is quite high. After completing your course you can work with 5 star or 7-star hotels, resorts, Cruise Ships, restaurant chains, fast food companies, etc.
The hospitality industry offers many job opportunities not just in India but also in foreign nations as well. If you have good experience and sound communication skills then you may get a good salary package in India and also abroad.
The salary in the hospitality industry depends on the experience, skills, and job location of an individual. The starting salary package for a skilled employee in India could be over 3-5 lakh per annum, whereas the salary package for the same post in a foreign country will be on the higher side.
After 3-5 years of experience, one can expect to earn anywhere from 5-8 LPA in India and it is also considered as one of the high salary courses after 12th. Whereas abroad one with the same sort of experience can earn anywhere from 8-13 LPA.
BHM Course FAQ’s
BHM stands for Bachelor’s of Hotel Management, it is one of the popular bachelor’s degree courses for students interested in making their career in the hospitality industry.
After completing BHM one can opt for Master’s in the same field or one can easily do a job in 4 or 5 star hotels.
Students from any stream can pursue BHM course. The only factor that might be important are the marks scored in class 12th.