RRB JE 2023 Recruitment: The RRB JE exam is a national-level competitive exam administered by the Railway Recruitment Board to recruit candidates for the post of Junior Engineer in various engineering disciplines in the Indian Railways.Through this examination, the candidates are selected for the posts of junior engineer, junior engineer (IT), Depot material superintendent (DMS), and chemical and metallurgical assistant (CMA).
Candidates will be selected on the basis of three stages: CBT 1, CBT 2, and medical examination or document verification. Selected candidates will also receive various allowances and benefits, such as HRA, DA, and TA, in addition to a lucrative salary. Those who are preparing for the exam should review the given article to get complete details on the RRB JE 2023 recruitment drive.
RRB JE 2023 Notification
The Railway Recruitment Board will release the job notification for the Junior Engineer (JE) post on their official website. The notification will include all the necessary details related to important dates, eligibility criteria, the application filling procedure, the selection process, and salary.
The RRB will release the vacancies zone-wise. Aspirants should regularly visit this page to get the latest updates on the hiring procedure.
RRB JE 2023 Recruitment Highlights
|RRB JE 2023||Highlights|
|Post||JE, JE-IT, DMS, CMA|
|Conducted by||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Selection Process||CBT 1|
|RRB Official Website||https://rrcb.gov.in|
|Category||Latest Govt Jobs 2023|
RRB JE 2023 Important Dates
The Railway Recruitment Board has not yet released the exact dates for junior engineer recruitment. As per the reports, the exam will be conducted in May 2023. The exact dates will be updated here soon. Candidates can bookmark this page to know the dates related to notification, application submission, exam, and results.
|RRB JE 2023 Notification||March(Tentative)|
|CBT 1 Exam Date||TBA|
|CBT 1 Result||TBA|
|CBT 2 Exam Date||TBA|
|BT 2 Result||TBA|
RRB JE 2023 Vacancy Details
Region-wise vacancy details will be released along with the notification on the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board The vacancies will be announced post-wise as well as category-wise. Let’s have a look at the vacancies announced by RRB for the post of junior engineer.
- RRB JE 2018-19 (13,487)
- RRB JE 2019-20 (12,783)
- RRB JE 2021-22 (13,000)
- RRB JE 2023 (TBA)
RRB JE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has set the RRB JE 2023 eligibility criteria, which include age limit, age reservation, educational requirements, medical verification, and citizenship. Only those who meet all the requirements are eligible to fill out the application for RRB JE.
- Indian citizens.
- subjects of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugees who moved to India permanently before January 1, 1962,
- Candidates of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma (Myanmar), Vietnam, and/or East Africa, such as the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, or Ethiopia to settle in India are eligible.
Candidates can check the given table to know the qualification based on the post.
|Junior Engineer||Diploma from any recognised university in engineering with civil/ mechanical/ electrical/ electronic/ instrumentation and control/ automation/ tools and die making/ tools and machining/ CS/ computer engineering, or a BSc in civil engineering.|
|Depot Material Superintendent||Three-year diploma in engineering from a recognised university.|
|Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant||BSc degree with physics or chemistry as a subject and a minimum of 55%.|
|Junior Engineer (IT)||BCA/B.Tech(IT)/B.Tech(CS)/PDGCA/DOEACC B-level course (duration: 3 years).|
Age Limit & Relaxation
- The age limit to apply for the post is 18 to 30 years.
- Candidates who belong to the reserved category will receive age relaxation on the upper age limit as per GoI.
|J&K Domiciled between|
1-January-1980 to 31-January-1989
|Group C & D Railway Staff with a minimum|
3 years of service
|widow, Divorced, and judicially separated |
women from their husband
RRB JE 2023 Application Fee
The application will be accepted only online. Candidates have to pay the application fee at the time of application submission. The category-wise fee details are provided in the given table.
RRB JE 2023 Application Process
Candidates can get the RRB JE 2023 Apply online link on the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board. Follow the given steps to successfully fill out your application.
- Open the official website of the RRB.
- Click on the link for the zone or directly open the zonal website in which you wish to apply.
- Click on the RRB JE 2023 Apply Online link.
- Now complete your online registration with a valid name, email ID, phone number, and other details.
- Once the registration is done, proceed further with the application.
- Select your post and preference and enter qualification details.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents, such as the passport-size photo, government ID, and education qualification mark sheet.
- Pay the application charges and click on the “submit” button.
- Take a printout of your application for reference.
RRB JE 2023 Selection Process
There are a total of 4 stages in the selection process for a junior engineer. The CBT 1 is qualifying in nature. Candidates who clear the CBT 1 round will be called for the CBT 2. There is a negative marking of ⅓ marks for wrong answers in both the online exam. The DV and medical examination will be for qualified candidates from the computer-based test. The RRB JE 2023 Selection Process will be determined by the following stages:
- CBT 1
- CBT 2
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
RRB JE 2023 Exam Pattern
The RRB JE 2023 Exam Pattern is divided into 2 parts: CBT 1 and CBT 2. Candidates can review the exam pattern for both exams in the table below.
CBT 1 Exam Pattern
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
- The online examination consist of 100 questions.
- CBT 1 is qualifying in nature. Altogether, there are 4 sections.
- Candidates have to score a minimum of 40% (UR), 30% (OBC/SC), and 25% (ST).
- Note that there is a negative marking of ⅓ marks for every incorrect answer.
CBT 2 Exam Pattern
|CBT 2 Sections||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Physics and chemistry||15||15|
|Basic of computer application||10||10|
|Basic of environment and pollution control||10||10|
- Candidates who clear the CBT 1 round will be called for CBT 2.
- A total of 150 questions are asked in this round.
- There is a negative marking of ⅓ marks for wrong answers.
- To qualify for the following round, candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in the exam.
RRB JE 2023 Syllabus
Before starting their preparation, candidates should check the updated RRB JE 2023 syllabus. It will help candidates identify the topics that are included in the exam. Candidates can review the complete syllabus for each subject below.
- Mathematics: number system, percentage, LCM, HCF, BODMAS, ratio and proportion, percentage, time and work, time and distance, algebra, profit and loss, simple and compound interest, geometry, clock and calendar, trigonometry, age calculation, and statics.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: alphabetic and numeric series, syllogisms, analogies, blood relation, jumbling, Venn diagram, data interpretation and sufficiency, analytical reasoning, classification, coding-decoding, direction, mathematical operations, similarities, and differences.
- General awareness: current affairs, Indian geography, culture, history, environment, sports, science and technology, the economy, politics, and the constitution.
- General Science: physics, chemistry, life sciences
- Physics and chemistry: questions are asked based on 10th and 12th-grade physics and chemistry.
- Basic computer applications: computer architecture, input, and output devices, operating systems, storage devices, the internet, MS Office, web browsers, websites, emails, networks, and security
- Basic of environment and pollution control: environment, pollution effect in the environment, global warming, acid rain, pollution controlling strategies, waste management.
- Technical abilities: the questions are asked related to the relevant field (mechanical, electrical, electronic, civil, print technology).
RRB JE 2023 Preparation Books
The RRB Junior Engineer Exam is one of the most competitive government exams, so candidates should put all their efforts into the RRB JE 2023 preparation for the exam. Selecting the best RRB JE 2023 preparation book will help candidates boost their preparation. Some of the best subject-wise prep books are listed in the given table.
|Mathematics||Fast track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning||Vikas Publishing House|
|General awareness||Lucent G.K.||Binay Karna and Manvendra Mukul|
|General Science||Lucent General Science||Lucent|
|Physics and chemistry||upto 10th class||NCERT|
|Basic computer applications||Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams||Soumya Ranjan Behera|
|Basic of environment and pollution control||Environmental Studies: Multiple Choice Questions||Arun K. Tripathi|
|Technical abilities||Guide to RRB Junior Engineer- Mechanical|
Guide to RRB Junior Engineer-Civil
Guide to RRB Junior Engineer-Electrical
RRB JE 2023 Admit Card
The RRB JE 2023 admit card will be released a week prior to the exam on the official websites of the RRB. The admit card will contain all the essential information regarding date, time, exam center location, etc. Candidates can follow the simple steps to download their admit card.
- Open the official website of the RRB.
- On the homepage, go to the notification section.
- Find and click on the notification link for the RRB JE CBT 1 admit card.
- The login page will appear on your screen. Enter your roll number and DOB and click on submit.
- The admit card will appear on your screen for downloading purposes.
RRB JE 2023 Result
The Railway Recruitment Board will release separate RRB JE 2023 results for CBT 1 and CBT 2. The scorecard and merit list will be released on the official website of the RRB. To appear in the next level, the candidates have to score minimum qualification marks at each stage of the computer-based test.
The list of qualified candidates will be released in PDF format. Candidates can check their roll number and name in the PFD.
RRB JE 2023 Cut-off
Candidates have to score above the required cutoff in order to qualify for the next round. The cut-off will be released along with the result. The cut-off is decided by the board based on the following factors:
- The test’s level of difficulty.
- The amount of open positions for each post.
- total number of candidates who showed up to the test.
- Cutoff scores from the previous year.
RRB JE 2023 FAQ
Ans-The RRB JE 2023 notification will be released soon. Candidates can bookmark this page to get the latest update.
Ans-The selection of candidates is based on a 4-stage examination process that includes CBT 1, CBT 2, document verification, and medical examination.
Ans-Candidates appearing in the exam should be between 18 to 30 . The age relaxation will be given to the reserved category.
Ans-The vacancy details have not been announced yet by the board.
Ans-Yes there is a negative marking of 1/3 mark for each incorrect answer in CBT 1 and CBT 2.
Ans-Candidates for these posts will get a monthly salary of Rs 35,400 as per the 7th CPC at the time of their training, with a grade pay of Rs 4,200. After the training period, candidates receive a monthly income of Rs. 55,023.
BTech chemical engineering students are eligible for this posts or not ? please tell me
Yes, you can apply for DMS Posts in RRB JE Examination.
B.tech graduates are eligible to these RRR JE jobs ?
Yes, B.Tech graduates are eligible for RRB JE Exam, although the post eligibility may vary depending on your B.Tech specialization.
Very good job
B.tech graduates from ECE background are eligible for RRB JE exam
Yes, B.Tech graduates are eligible, though the post eligibility will depend upon your course specialization.
Yes , I’m Diploma Mechanical engineering,are eligible for
RRB JE, applicable or not? Plz tell me..
Yes, diploma holders are eligible, though the post eligibility will depend upon your course specialization.
Whether Diploma in civil can apply
Yes, diploma holder can apply for the exam.
Msc computer science students are eligible or not?
Yes, such students are eligible.
Is Bsc.IT student eligible for this exam?
Yes, eligible, though the posts may vary.