RRB JE 2023 Recruitment: The RRB JE recruitment exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the post of junior engineer in various engineering disciplines in the Indian Railways.
Through this Railway Junior Engineer exam, the candidates are selected for the posts of junior engineer, junior engineer (IT), depot material superintendent (DMS), and chemical and metallurgical assistant (CMA).
The Railway Recruitment Board is expected to announce the RRB JE 2023 notification in October 2023 for the position of Junior Engineer on its region’s official website. The RRB JE recruitment exam is a national-level competitive exam administered by the Railway Recruitment Board.
Aspirants should regularly visit this page to get the latest updates and complete details on the RRB JE 2023 recruitment drive.
RRB JE 2023 Notification
As per the reports, the RRB JE 2023 Notification will be out in October 2023. The official notification will be released on the region-wise official websites of the board.
The RRB will release the notification for the posts of Junior Engineer, Junior Engineer (Information Technology), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS), and Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA).
The notification will include all the necessary details related to important dates, eligibility criteria, the application filling procedure, the selection process, and salary. The RRB will release the vacancies zone-wise. On release, the official notification for the post of RRB Junior Engineer will be uploaded below:
About RRB JE Exam
The RRB JE Recruitment Exam is conducted to fill the post of Junior Engineer in Indian Railways. The selection of candidates is based on three stages: CBT 1, CBT 2, and medical examination or document verification.
The RRB JE recruitment exam is conducted to fill the posts of junior engineer, junior engineer (IT), depot material superintendent (DMS), and chemical and metallurgical assistant (CMA).
Selected candidates will also receive various allowances and benefits, such as HRA, DA, and TA, in addition to a lucrative salary.
RRB JE 2023 Notification Highlights
|RRB JE 2023||Highlights|
|Post||JE, JE-IT, DMS, CMA|
|Conducted by||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Selection Process||CBT 1|
|RRB Official Website||https://rrcb.gov.in|
|Category||Latest Govt Jobs 2023|
RRB JE 2023 Notification Important Dates
The Railway Recruitment Board has not yet released the exact dates for RRB JE Recruitment 2023. As per the reports, the RRB JE notification will be out in October 2023, and the exam will be conducted tentatively in November 2023.
The exact dates will be updated here soon. Candidates can bookmark this page to know the dates related to notification, application submission, exam, and results.
|RRB JE 2023 Notification||October 2023|
|CBT 1 Exam Date||TBA|
|CBT 1 Result||TBA|
|CBT 2 Exam Date||TBA|
|BT 2 Result||TBA|
RRB JE 2023 Vacancy Details
Region-wise RRB JE vacancy details will be released along with the notification on the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board. As per the reports, more than 3000+ vacancies will be filled under the RRB JE Vacancy 2023.
The vacancies are announced post-wise as well as category-wise. Let’s have a look at the vacancies announced by RRB for the post of junior engineer.
- RRB JE 2018-19 (13,487)
- RRB JE 2019-20 (12,783)
- RRB JE 2021-22 (13,000)
- RRB JE 2023 (TBA)
RRB JE 2023 Quick Links
RRB JE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has set the RRB JE eligibility criteria, which include age limit, age reservation, educational requirements, medical verification, and citizenship. Only those who meet all the requirements are eligible to fill out the application for RRB junior engineer recruitment 2023.
- To be eligible for RRB JE 2023, a candidate needs to be
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who moved to India permanently before January 1, 1962, or
- Candidates of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma (Myanmar), Vietnam, and/or East Africa, such as the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, or Ethiopia, to settle in India are eligible.
Candidates can check the given table to know the qualifications for various posts under the RRB JE 2023 recruitment.
|Junior Engineer||Diploma from any recognised university in engineering with civil/ mechanical/ electrical/ electronic/ instrumentation and control/ automation/ tools and die making/ tools and machining/ CS/ computer engineering, or a BSc in civil engineering.|
|Depot Material Superintendent||Three-year diploma in engineering from a recognised university.|
|Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant||BSc degree with physics or chemistry as a subject and a minimum of 55%.|
|Junior Engineer (IT)||BCA/B.Tech(IT)/B.Tech(CS)/PDGCA/DOEACC B-level course (duration: 3 years).|
RRB JE Age Limit 2023
- The RRB JE age limit is between 18 and 30 years. Candidates belonging to the OBC and SCT/SC categories will receive an age reduction of 3 to 5 years on the upper age limit.
- Candidates who belong to the reserved category will receive age relaxation on the upper age limit as per the guidelines of the Government of India.
|J&K Domiciled between|
1-January-1980 to 31-January-1989
|Group C & D Railway Staff with a minimum|
3 years of service
|widow, Divorced, and judicially separated |
women from their husband
RRB JE 2023 Application Process
Candidates can get the RRB JE 2023 application link on the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board. Follow the given steps to successfully fill out your application.
- Open the official website of the RRB.
- Click on the link for the zone or directly open the zonal website to which you wish to apply.
- Click on the RRB JE 2023 Apply Online link.
- Now complete your online registration with a valid name, email ID, phone number, and other details.
- After completing the registration, proceed further with the application.
- Select your post and preference, and enter your qualification details.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents, such as the passport-size photo, government ID, and education qualification mark sheet.
- Pay the application charges and click on the “submit” button.
- Take a printout of your application for reference.
RRB JE Documents Required
- Aadhar Card Details
- A valid scanned valid ID proof
- A scanned copy of the photograph
- A scanned copy of the Signature
- Details of Academic Qualification
RRB JE 2023 Application Fee
The applications are accepted via online mode. For RRB JE, the application fee is INR 500 for UR, and for other categories, it is INR 250.
Candidates have to pay the application fee at the time of application submission. The category-wise fee details are provided in the given table.
RRB JE 2023 Selection Process
There are a total of 4 stages in the RRB JE selection process. There are two rounds of CBT, followed by document verification and a medical examination. CBT 1 is qualifying in nature. There is a negative marking of ⅓ marks for wrong answers in both the online exam.
The DV and medical examination will be for qualified candidates from the computer-based test. The RRB JE 2023 Selection Process is based on the following stages:
- CBT 1
- CBT 2
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
RRB JE 2023 Exam Pattern
The RRB JE 2023 Exam Pattern is divided into 2 parts: CBT 1 and CBT 2. CBT 1 consists of 4 sections with a total of 100 marks, while CBT 2 consists of 5 sections with a total of 150 marks. Candidates can review the exam pattern for both exams in the table below.
RRB JE CBT 1 Exam Pattern
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
- The online examination consists of 100 questions.
- CBT 1 is qualifying in nature. Altogether, there are 4 sections.
- Candidates have to score a minimum of 40% (UR), 30% (OBC/SC), and 25% (ST).
- Note that there is a negative marking of ⅓ marks for every incorrect answer.
RRB JE CBT 2 Exam Pattern
|CBT 2 Sections||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Physics and Chemistry||15||15|
|Basic computer application||10||10|
|Basic environment and pollution control||10||10|
- Candidates who clear the CBT 1 round will be called for CBT 2.
- Total questions:150
- There is a negative marking of ⅓ marks for wrong answers.
- To qualify for the following round, candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in the exam.
RRB JE 2023 Syllabus
Before starting their RRB JE preparation, candidates should check the updated RRB JE 2023 syllabus. It helps candidates identify the topics included in the exam.
The RRB JE syllabus includes the following subjects: mathematics, general intelligence and reasoning, general awareness, physics, chemistry, basic computer applications, the basics of the environment, pollution control, and technical abilities.
Candidates can review the complete RRB JE syllabus for each subject below.
- Mathematics: number system, percentage, LCM, HCF, BODMAS, ratio and proportion, percentage, time and work, time and distance, algebra, profit and loss, simple and compound interest, geometry, clock and calendar, trigonometry, age calculation, and statics.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: alphabetic and numeric series, syllogisms, analogies, blood relation, jumbling, Venn diagram, data interpretation and sufficiency, analytical reasoning, classification, coding-decoding, direction, mathematical operations, similarities, and differences.
- General awareness: current affairs, Indian geography, culture, history, environment, sports, science and technology, the economy, politics, and the constitution.
- General Science: physics, chemistry, life sciences
- Physics and chemistry: Questions are based on 10th and 12th-grade physics and chemistry.
- Basic computer applications: computer architecture, input, and output devices, operating systems, storage devices, the internet, MS Office, web browsers, websites, emails, networks, and security
- Basic of environment and pollution control: environment, pollution effect in the environment, global warming, acid rain, pollution controlling strategies, waste management.
- Technical abilities: Questions are based on the relevant field (mechanical, electrical, electronic, civil, print technology).
RRB JE 2023 Preparation Books
The RRB Junior Engineer Exam is one of the most competitive government exams, so candidates should put all their efforts into the RRB JE preparation for the exam.
Some of the popular RRB JE books for preparation are Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publications, Lucent General Science by Lucent, Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Soumya Ranjan Behera, Guide to RRB Junior Engineer-Mechanical by Disha Experts, etc.
Selecting the best RRB JE book will help candidates boost their preparation. Review subject-wise prep books in the table below.
|Mathematics||Fast track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning||Vikas Publishing House|
|General Awareness||Lucent G.K.||Binay Karna and Manvendra Mukul|
|General Science||Lucent General Science||Lucent|
|Environmental Studies: Multiple-Choice Questions||upto 10th class||NCERT|
|Basic computer applications||Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams||Soumya Ranjan Behera|
|Basic of environment and pollution control||Environmental Studies: Multiple-Choice Questions||Arun K. Tripathi|
|Technical abilities||Guide to RRB Junior Engineer- Mechanical|
Guide to RRB Junior Engineer-Civil
Guide to RRB Junior Engineer-Electrical
RRB JE 2023 Admit Card
The RRB JE admit card will be released a week prior to the official website of the RRB. All RRB JE amdit cards will contain all the essential information regarding the date, time, exam centre location, etc. Candidates can follow the simple steps to download their admit card.
- Open the official website of the RRB.
- On the homepage, go to the notification section.
- Find and click on the notification link for the RRB JE CBT 1 admit card.
- The login page will appear on your screen. Enter your roll number and DOB and click on submit.
- The admit card will appear on your screen for downloading purposes.
RRB JE 2023 Result
The Railway Recruitment Board will release separate RRB JE Result 2023 for CBT 1 and CBT 2. The RRB JE scorecard and merit list will be released on the official website of the RRB. To appear at the next level, the candidates have to score minimum qualification marks at each stage of the computer-based test.
The list of qualified candidates will be released in PDF format. Candidates can check their roll number and name in the RRB JE result pdf.
RRB JE 2023 Cut-off
Candidates have to score above the required RRB JE cutoff to qualify for the next round. The cut-off will be released along with the result. The RRB JE cut-off is decided by the board based on the following factors:
- The test’s level of difficulty.
- The number of open positions for each post.
- total number of candidates who showed up to the test.
- Cutoff scores from the previous year.
RRB JE Salary
The salary of RRB JE depends upon the location of the job and position. There are various posts under RRB JE, which include DMS, CMA, JE, and JE information technology. Selected candidates for the post of RRB JE will get a monthly salary of Rs 35,400 as per the 7th CPC, with a grade pay of Rs 4,200.
Along with the salary, candidates will also get DA, HRA, and other allowances based on their job location. The salary of a JE in a metropolitan city is provided below.
|In hand salary||Rs.38,425|
RRB JE Job Profile
The candidates shortlisted for the RRB JE hold many responsibilities related to the operation of the railway. The main role they are assigned is to provide support to their supervisors throughout the design and development phases.
In addition, the RRB JE job profile includes the following tasks: verifying the accounting records of stores and tools; monitoring the signalling installation of the stations; and checking the availability and working of IT software, hardware, office machines, etc.
The junior engineer will serve a two-year RRB JE probationary period in which they will receive training to understand the job responsibilities and requirements. Only after completing two years of service are candidates appointed as permanent employees.
RRB JE 2023 FAQ
Ans- The selection of candidates is based on a 4-stage examination process that includes CBT 1, CBT 2, document verification, and medical examination.
Ans-The RRB JE 2023 notification is expected to be out in October 2023 tentatively.
Ans-Candidates appearing in the exam should be between 18 to 30 for the RRB JE recruitment exam. Reserve category candidates will get age reservations of 3 to 5 years as per their category.
Ans- The vacancies will be released along with the RRB JE 2023 recruitment notification.
Ans-Yes there is a negative marking of 1/3 mark for each incorrect answer in CBT 1 and CBT 2.
Ans- A RRB JE salary is Rs 35,400 as per the 7th CPC at the time of their training, with a grade pay of Rs 4,200. After the training period, candidates receive a monthly income of Rs. 55,023.
Ans- As per the reports, more than 3000 RRB JE vacancies will be released in 2023.