Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication abbreviated as BJMC is a 3-year undergraduate degree program. Candidates can pursue this degree course after 12th which will help them in building their careers in the field of mass communication & journalism.
latest Jobs & Education के लिए सब्स्क्राइब करें
If you are interested in current events and news from around the world, as well as writing and reporting on them, this course is for you. Aspirants in the field of mass communication have numerous career options. After completing this course, you will be able to work for media companies, news channels, daily newspapers, magazines, radio stations, and public relations firms.
The 3-year degree course of BJMC is divided into 6 equal semesters. Candidates are taught theoretical subjects as well as practicals during the duration of the course.
Candidates willing to pursue the BJMC course must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board of school education.
- Candidates must have at least 50% marks in class 12th.
- Candidates should be a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of taking admission.
Admission to the BJMC is based on a merit basis, some universities also conduct university-level entrance examinations followed by counseling & the admission process.
Some of the university-level entrance exams are listed below:
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- JMI Common Entrance Test
- Amrita University (ASCOM Communication Aptitude Test)
- AIMSAT (All India Media Studies Aptitude Test)
- Xavier Institute of Communication Entrance Exam
- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
In the above-mentioned entrance examinations objective type questions are asked from the following subjects:
- Current Affairs
- Media Awareness
- General Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
Apart from the eligibility criteria, candidates must possess or gain some desirable skill set to get successful in this field.
- Good Writing Skills
- Command on Language
- High Confidence
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under tough conditions
- Interviewing skills
- Working in a Team
- Observation skills
Some of the best colleges offering BJMC courses are:
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University
- Delhi College of Arts & Commerce, New Delhi
- Christ University, Bangalore.
- Manipal Institute of Communications, Manipal.
- Amity School of Communication, Noida.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC)
- Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies (IMCFTS)
Scope & Job Profile
The career scope & job opportunities are immense in this field. A candidate with a BJMC degree may find employment in both the private and public sectors. After completion of the course, candidates can work with news channels, media houses, newspaper companies, PR agencies, Radio firms, sports management firms, etc.
The scope of the BJMC course is quite well and it is also considered one of the high salary courses after 12th.
The job profile for BJMC candidates are:
- Creative Director
- Public Relation Officer
- Public Relation Manager
- Radio Jockey
- Video Jockey
After completing the course candidates may find employment opportunities with the following companies:
- India Today Group
- The Hindu
- Malayala Manorama
- HT Media
- Hindustan Times
- Times Group
- The Pioneer
- Amar Ujala
- Jagran Prakashan Group
- India TV
- Zee Network
- Network 18
- Indian Express
- Star India
- All India Radio
BJMC Course FAQs
Yes, BJMC(Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication) is a 3 Year graduation degree course.
Graduates in BJMC can work as a Journalist, News analysts, Anchors, Public Relation Specialists or can pursue higher studies in the same field.
The average annual fee for a Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC) programme is INR 30,000-60,000.