Before opting for BJMC Course after 12th, you must check all information about the course here.
- Course Details
- Eligibilty Criteria
- Admission Process
- Entrance Exams
- Skill Required
- Top Colleges
- Scope & Job Profile
- Top Recruiters
Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication abbreviated as BJMC is a 3-year undergraduate degree program. Candidates can pursue this degree course after 12th which will help them in building their careers in the field of mass communication & journalism.
If you are curious about news & events happening around the world and passionate about writing and reporting the content, then you must surely pursue this course. The Career opportunities for aspirants in the field of mass communication are very high. After completion of this course, one can work with media houses, news channels, daily newspapers, magazines, radio & PR firms.
The 3-year degree course of BJMC is divided into 6 equal semesters. Candidates are taught theoretical subjects as well as practicals during the duration of the course.
Candidates willing to pursue the BJMC course must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board of school education.
- Candidates must have at least 50% marks in class 12th.
- Candidates should be a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of taking admission.
The admission to the BJMC is based on a merit basis, some universities also conduct university-level entrance examinations followed by counseling & the admission process.
Some of the university level entrance exams are listed below:
- Indian Institute of Mass communication Entrance Exam
- JMI Common Entrance Test
- Amrita University (ASCOM Communication Aptitude test)
- AIMSAT (All India Media Studies Aptitude Test)
- Xavier Institute of Communication Entrance Exam
- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
In the above-mentioned entrance examinations objective type questions are asked from the following subjects:
- Current Affairs
- Media Awareness
- General Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
Apart from the eligibility criteria, candidates must possess or gain some desirable skill set to get successful in this field.
- Good Writing Skills
- Command on Language
- High Confidence
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under tough conditions
- Interviewing skills
- Working in a Team
- Observation skills
Some of the best colleges offering BJMC courses are:
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University
- Delhi College of Arts and & Commerce, New Delhi
- Christ University, Bangalore.
- Manipal Institute of Communications, Manipal.
- Amity School of Communication, Noida.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC)
- Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies (IMCFTS)
Scope & Job Profile
The career scope & job opportunities are immense in this field. A candidate with a BJMC degree may find employment in both the private and public sectors. After completion of the course, candidates can work with news channels, media houses, newspapers companies, PR agencies, Radio firms, sports management firms, etc.
The scope of the BJMC course is quite well and it is also considered as one of the high salary courses after 12th.
The job profile for BJMC candidates are:
- Creative Director
- Public Relation Officer
- Public Relation Manager
- Radio Jockey
- Video Jockey
After completing the course candidates may find employment opportunities with the following companies:
- India Today Group
- The Hindu
- Malayala Manorama
- HT Media
- Hindustan Times
- Times Group
- The Pioneer
- Amar Ujala
- Jagran Prakashan Group
- India TV
- Zee Network
- Network 18
- Indian Express
- Star India
- All India Radio
Hope you find this article informative. Stay connected to get information about various aspects of education.