Created by Ryan J. Condal and George R. R. Martin, House of the Dragon is an upcoming fantasy drama series, which is based on Martin’s 2018 fantasy novel Fire & Blood.
It is the sequel of HBO’s superhit fantasy series Game of Thrones and set two hundred year before the events of GOT. It chronicles the beginning of the end of House Targaryen, which was the ruling house of the Seven Kingdom for nearly 300 years, holding a royal court in King’s landing.
The creators of the series Condal and Martin are also serving as executive producers along with Miguel Sapochnik, Vince Gerardis, Sara Lee Hess and Ron Schmidt while Ramin Djawadi is the music composer.
House of the Dragon Star Cast
- Paddy Considine as King Viserys, the fifth king of the Seven Kingdoms, known as a warm, kind and decent man
- Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen, the younger brother of King Viserys
- Emma D’Arcy as King Viserys’s first born child Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Milly Alcock as young Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Olivia Cooke as Lady Alicent Hightower
- Emily Carey as young Alicent Hightower
- Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon, also known as the Sea Snake
- Eve Best as a dragonrider and wife of Lord Corlys, Princess Rhaenys Velaryon, also known as the “Queen Who Never Was”
- Fabian Frankel as Ser Criston Cole
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria
- Rhys Ifans as Ser Otto Hightower
Along with these key character, the series will also star Bethany Antonia, Phoebe Campbell, Emily Collett, Ryan Corr, Tom Glynn-Carney, Jefferson Hall, David Horovitch, Wil Johnson, John Macmillan, Graham McTavish, Ewan Mitchell, Theo Nate, Mattew Needham, Bill Paterson, Phia Saban, Gavin Spokes and Savannah Steyn.
House of the Dragon OTT Release Date
The makers of this most-anticipated fantasy series have announced its release date on Wednesday, March 30, 2022. The ten-episode series will premiere on Sunday, August 21, 2022 on HBO and HBO Mas while in New Zealand, it will be distributed by Sky Network Television Limited’s SoHo TV channel and Neon streaming service.
Indian Users can watch this on Disney+ Hotstar from 21st August:
— Disney+ Hotstar (@DisneyPlusHS) August 9, 2022
— Disney+ Hotstar (@DisneyPlusHS) July 20, 2022
House of the Dragon Production
House of the Dragon received a straight-to-series order in October 2019 and in January 2020, HBO’s President of Programming Casey Bloys stated that the writing process had also begun for the series, with casting beginning the same year in July.
The filming of the series began in April 2021 and it was primarily filmed in the United Kingdom. Some parts of the first episode were also shot in Spain and California and in February 2022, it was confirmed by HBO that the series had finished production.
House of the Dragon Teaser & Trailer
All the dragons roar as one.
— HBO (@HBO) July 20, 2022
On October 5, 2021, HBO Max dropped the most exciting teaser of its original fantasy drama House of the Dragon. The visuals of this nearly 80 minute long teaser comprises some brief shots of the show’s various important figures as well as fleeting moments of violence and tension.
Watch the teaser here: