It is said that the relationship between a mother and child is the most beautiful and adorable relationship in the world and it is actually an out-an-out truth. Mother is an important part of our life as she gave us birth, nurture us despite a lot of struggle and difficulties, shape us and teach us the mannerism of living in this world.
From holding and comforting us as a baby in her arms to staying up at night when we had a fever and other discomforts, to packing thousands of lunch boxes during our school days, to fulfilling all our demands and beaming with pride on our achievements- our mother is the person who always is by our side.
Although every day is a Mother’s day, to thank our mother for her unconditional and selfless love, all the sacrifices she made, and all work she put in through the years, every year it is celebrated on the Second Sunday of May. This year it is going to be celebrated on 8th May.
The inception of Mother’s Day
While there are many stories behind the celebration of Mother’s Day, the most famous one is about Anna Jervis, an activist from the United States of America during the early 20th century. The story depicts that Anna was very close to her mother and loved her so dearly that she didn’t even get married to take care of her.
After her mother passed away, Anna devoted her life to the service of others and during World War II, served as the mother of the wounded American soldiers. Later, to honor her service, the then US President Woodrow Wilson passed a low in her honor and since then Mother’s Day has been celebrated around the world on the second Sunday of the month of May.
Happy Mother’s Day Gifts & Ideas
There are a lot of ways to celebrate the Mother’s Day as you can plan a trip with your family, give her a bouquet of flowers, make your mother’s favorite dish, gift a beautiful dress to her, and many more but one thing is above than all these things and that is your time and respect.
Never take her love and sacrifices for granted, and don’t think that it is her responsibility to love and pamper you. Just respect all the time and efforts she has put in over the years to nurture you and make you what you are today. So this Mother’s Day give the most precioous gifts to your mom and that is your time.
Happy Mother’s Day Wishes & Quotes
Ever since social media has become popular, sending quotes and messages to wish your near and dear ones for every occasion has become the new normal. So here we come up with some beautiful quotes you can send to your mom or mom-like figure and close ones to wish them a Very Happy Mother’s Day!
- Dear mom! thank you for being my ray of sunshine and happiness, I Love you from the bottom of my heart!
- Thank you for giving me this precious life and fulfilling all my demands. Happy Mother’s Day mom!
- Dear mother! without you I’m nothing, May god give you a long life. Happy Mother’s Day!
- With your love, I can overcome the biggest difficulty in this world, I love You!!
- I am so lucky to have you as my mother, I hope all the days of your life are full of smiles and good health!
- Dear mom! Thank you for being an incredible mother and for always being with me in my highs and lows.
- Happy Mother’s day to an outstanding woman and my support system for always being my side
- No love in the world is the as purest as the love of a mother, so always respect her efforts!
- Mom!! I am in awe of everything you did for us and admire you all the more. I Love You!!
- Growing up I didn’t even realize the sacrifices you made for the entire family but now as I am mature enough to understand all the things you have done for us, no words are enough to speak about all your sacrifices. Dear Maa! Thank you for always taking care of us, even when it wasn’t easy. I love you so much !!. Happy Mother’s Day!!!