IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Every year, IBPS holds the IBPS Clerk Exam to fill clerical positions in numerous public sector banks across the nation. The selection is based on a common recruitment process (CRP), which includes prelims, mains, and LPT rounds.
Candidates who are interested in applying for the IBPS clerk post must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection announces the eligibility criteria along with the recruitment notification. Those who don’t meet the specific requirements are rejected at any stage of the exam. So, it is important for candidates to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the post.
The eligibility criteria for the IBPS Clerk post include the following:
- Age Limit
- Age Reservation
- Education qulaification
- Disability Reservation.
At the time of joining, candidates must present the necessary documentation in original and photocopy to prove their identity and eligibility. Candidates can check the detailed IBPS Clerk 2023 eligibility criteria provided in the given below.
- Citizens of India
- Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who arrived in India with the intention of settling permanently before January 1, 1962.
- Indian-origin people who migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar, Vietnam, and East African nations such as Tanzania, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Zaire are eligible only if they provide the eligibility certificate issued by the GoI.
- Candidates from the above-listed countries other than India must show an eligibility certificate issued by authorities approved by the Indian government.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Age Limit
- Candidates’ minimum ages should not be less than 20 years.
- The maximum age of candidates should not be more than 28 years.
- The age reservation is provided for reserved categories.
- OBC (non-creamy layer) can apply for up to 33 years.
- SC, ST, riot victims from 1984, J&K domicile candidates, and regular Union Carbide Factory employees will all receive a 5-year age relaxation.
- Women who are widowed, divorced, or legally separated from their husbands but have not remarried will receive a 9-year age relaxation.
- People with disabilities can apply for up to 38 years depending on their category.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Education Qualification
- Candidates who have completed their graduation (any discipline) from any recognized university are eligible.
- The applicant should have computer proficiency.
- The applicant must also be literate in both reading and writing in their preferred state’s official language.
- The institute had not specified any percentage criteria. The individual banks adopt the aggregate percentage determined by the IBPS.
- People with benchmark disabilities are eligible for IBPS Clerk posts under Section 34 of the “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.”
- Candidates in the Orthopedic Challenged Category (OC), Visually Impaired Person Category (IV), Hearing Impaired Person Category (HI), and Intellectual Disability (ID) categories will be given priority. Aside from this, no other category candidates will get the reservation.
- Acid Attack Victims will get reservations.
- Candidates with visual impairments and those whose writing speeds are permanently hampered for any reason may use their own scribe at their expense.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Important document
Candidates have to provide certain documents to prove their eligibility at the time of IBPS document verification. candidates need to carry the following documents along with the photocopies. At any point during the exam, those who don’t meet the specific requirement will get disqualified.
- Online application form
- Valid Photo ID proof such as an Adhar card, voter ID, or driving license.
- Birth certificate or Marksheets of 10th
- Graduation Degree
- Pen Card
- Medical fitness certificate
- Character certificate
- Caste certificate issued by the authorized authority under GOI.
- Resignation letter from the previous company if any.
- Disability certificate issued by District Medical Board (if any)
- No objection certificate (For candidates who are working in government/ PSU)
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ans- No, candidates must have received their graduation results before the application submission date.
Ans- The minimum age of candidates should not be less than 20 years.
Ans- Yes candidates should have computer knowledge
Ans- Applicant must have completed their Graduation in any discipline.