IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria: The IBPS has released the recruitment notification for the post of IBPS Clerk 2023 on its official website. Hence, it is important for candidates to know the eligibility criteria before applying for the post.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, the central recruitment agency under the ownership of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India every year conducts the IBPS Clerk examination for the recruitment of the clerical cadre in multiple Public Sector Banks (PSBs) across the nation.
IBPS holds the IBPS Clerk Exam to fill clerical positions in numerous public sector banks across the nation. The IBPS Clerk 2023 Selection Process is based on a common recruitment process (CRP), which includes Online Examination. consisting Prelims and Mains examinations, followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
The official notification for IBPS Clerk 2023 is released for 4045 vacancies. The notification will include all the important details like the selection process, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Related Links
|IBPS Clerk 2023 Exam Pattern||IBPS Clerk 2023 Syllabus|
|IBPS Clerk 2023 Best Preparation Books||IBPS Clerk 2023 Best Preparation Strategy|
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested in applying for the IBPS clerk post must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria. The organisation will release the eligibility criteria along with the official IBPS Clerk 2023 Recruitment notification.
So, it is important for candidates to check the required eligibility criteria before applying for the post. All the components which are necessary for the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Age Limit
- Age Reservation
- Education qulaification
- Disability Reservation.
At the time of joining, candidates must present the necessary documentation in original and photocopy to prove their identity and eligibility. Candidates can check the detailed IBPS Clerk 2023 eligibility criteria provided in the given below.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria- Nationality
- Citizens of India
- Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who arrived in India with the intention of settling permanently before January 1, 1962.
- Indian-origin people who migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar, Vietnam, and East African nations such as Tanzania, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Zaire are eligible only if they provide the eligibility certificate issued by the GoI.
- Candidates from the above-listed countries other than India must show an eligibility certificate issued by authorities approved by the Indian government.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
The age limit set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for the recruitment drive as follows:
- Minimum Age Limit: 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 28 years
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Age Reservation
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the Defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women/Women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Person affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
- Candidates who have completed their graduation (any discipline) from any recognized university are eligible.
- The applicant should have computer proficiency.
- The applicant must also be literate in both reading and writing in their preferred state’s official language.
- The institute had not specified any percentage criteria. The individual banks adopt the aggregate percentage determined by the IBPS.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Disability Reservation
- People with benchmark disabilities are eligible for IBPS Clerk posts under Section 34 of the “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.”
- Candidates in the Orthopedic Challenged Category (OC), Visually Impaired Person Category (IV), Hearing Impaired Person Category (HI), and Intellectual Disability (ID) categories will be given priority. Aside from this, no other category candidates will get the reservation.
- Acid Attack Victims will get reservations.
- Candidates with visual impairments and those whose writing speeds are permanently hampered for any reason may use their own scribe at their expense.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Important Document
Candidates have to provide certain documents to prove their eligibility at the time of IBPS document verification. candidates need to carry the following documents along with the photocopies. At any point during the exam, those who don’t meet the specific requirement will get disqualified.
- Online application form
- Valid Photo ID proof such as an Adhar card, voter ID, or driving license.
- Birth certificate or Marksheets of 10th
- Graduation Degree
- Pen Card
- Medical fitness certificate
- Character certificate
- Caste certificate issued by the authorized authority under GOI.
- Resignation letter from the previous company if any.
- Disability certificate issued by District Medical Board (if any)
- No objection certificate (For candidates who are working in government/ PSU)
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ans- No, candidates must have received their graduation results before the application submission date.
Ans- The minimum age of candidates should not be less than 20 years.
Ans- Yes candidates should have computer knowledge
Ans- Applicant must have completed their Graduation in any discipline.