SBI PO 2024 Recruitment: The State Bank of India annually conducts the SBI PO exam for the post of probationary officer/assistant manager. The PO is an entry-level managerial position.
The SBI PO selection comprises three stages: preliminary, main, and GD/interviews. It is expected that the SBI will release the SBI PO Notification 2024 in September 2024.
As per the tentative schedule, the preliminary exam will be held in November 2024, while the SBI PO main exam will be conducted in December 2024.
Probationary Officer (PO) is a highly reputed post as it is a scale 1 officer job. Candidates who have completed their graduation can apply for the SBI PO post.
The SBI PO salary is NR 41,960. Those who wish to apply for the SBI PO 2024 exam can check out the complete details on important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and more in the article.
SBI PO 2024 Recruitment Highlights
|Name of the Examination
|State Bank of India
|Name of the Post
|Once in a year
GD, Psychometric Test, Interview
|Hindi & English
|INR 65,780- Rs. 68,580 PM
SBI PO 2024 Notification
The State Bank of India will release the SBI PO Notification 2024 in the first week of September 2024 on its official website at sbi.co.in. The SBI PO application online link will be active along with the notification.
The SBI PO Notification 2024 will include complete details such as eligibility criteria, selection process, exam dates, syllabus, salary, etc.
SBI PO 2024 Exam Dates
SBI will release the SBI PO Exam Dates 2024 along with the notification. SBI PO Exam 2024 for prelims and mains will be held in November and December 2024.
The SBI PO psychometric test and GD/interview will be held in January/February 2024. The precise date for the SBI PO 2024 recruitment exam will be mentioned below soon.
|SBI PO Notification 2024
|September 2024( 1st Week)
|Online Registration Starts From
|SBI PO Apply Online Last date
|SBI PO Admit Card
|SBI PO Prelims Exam Date
|SBI PO Prelims Result
|SBI PO Mains Admit Card
|SBI PO Mains Exam Date
|SBI PO Mains Result
|SBI PO Psychometric Test
|January / February 2024
SBI PO 2024 Vacancy
The SBI PO vacancy details will be out along with the recruitment notice. It is expected that the SBI will release more than 2000 vacancies in 2024. These vacancies will be released category-wise as per the requirements.
On release, the vacancy details will be mentioned here. Meanwhile, candidates can have a look at the previous year’s SBI PO vacancy in the given table.
|SBI PO Vacacny
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2024
Before appearing for the examination or preparing for SBI PO recruitment, candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria, such as nationality, age limit, education qualification, and some other criteria.
Candidates who don’t meet the eligibility criteria set by the SBI will not be able to fill out the online application for the exam.
SBI PO Nationality
- The applicant must be a citizen of India, a subject of Bhutan or Nepal, or a Tibetan refugee who settled in India before January 1, 1962.
- Indian-origin migrants come from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma (Myanmar), Vietnam, and East African nations such as Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, or Ethiopia.
SBI PO Education Qualification
- As per the SBI PO qualification, candidates must hold a graduation degree in any discipline from a centrally recognised university. Candidates with chartered accounting qualifications may also apply.
- Students who have taken exams for their final year can also apply on the basis that they provide their final passing certificate at the time of the interview.
- The percentage eligibility is not mentioned by the State Bank of India.
SBI PO Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts for the SBI PO 204 recruitment exam is limited. Candidates cannot participate in the examination after they exceed the limit.
- Candidates in the general category have four chances to pass the SBI PO exam, while those in the general (PWD) and OBC (PWD) categories have seven chances.
- There is no limit for SC/ST candidates to appear for the SBI PO exam.
|General (PwD) and OBC (PwD)
SBI PO 2024 Age Limit
The age limit to apply for SBI PO 2024 recruitment is between 21 and 30 years. Candidates who belong to the OBC category will get 3 years of relaxation, while SC and ST will get 5 years of relaxation on the upper age limit.
Candidates who belong to the reserved category will get an age relaxation of 3 to 10 years based on their categories. Review the SBI PO age limit in the table below.
|OB (Non-Creamy Layer)
|PwBD (SC/ ST)
|ECOs, SSCOs (who have rendered
5 years of military service)
SBI PO 2024 Online Form
The SBI PO online form will be active for 25 to 30 days on the official website of SBI. The SBI PO application form will be filled out in 4 steps: e-registration, uploading of documents, application filling, and fee submission.
To apply for the SBI PO exam, candidates have to follow the given instructions.
- Visit the official SBI website, sbi.co.in.
- Locate the advertisement section on the homepage.
- Find the notification for “Recruitment of Probationary Officer 2024” and click on “Apply Online.”
- New users must click the “Click here for new registration” link.
- Complete your registration with a valid number, email address, and security code.
- Login to your account.
- Upload the required documents, such as a photograph (200 x 230 pixels) and signature (140 x 60 pixels).
- The SBI application form 2024 will appear on your screen.
- Fill out the application form with accurate information about your name, education, qualifications, etc.
- Review your application and proceed further with the application fee.
- Pay the nominal charge and submit your application.
SBI PO Application Fee
The SBI PO exam fee for general, OBC, and EWS are INR 750, while for the reserved category, there is no application fee. Candidates have to pay the SBI PO application fee online via net banking, credit card, or debit card.
Note- The SBI Probationary Officer Application fee is non-refundable
SBI PO 2024 Selection Process
The SBI PO Selection Process is based on these 3 rounds: prelims, mains, and interviews. The SBI PO Prelims consist of 100 marks, while the mains and interview rounds consist of 250 marks and 50 marks, respectively.
The candidates who successfully clear all three stages are selected for the post of probationary officer.
|Group Discussion and Interview
Note: The SBI also provides a 6-day SBI PO Pre-Exam training to the SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates. Pre-exam training is offered at various centres throughout India.
SBI PO 2024 Exam Pattern
The SBI PO Exam Pattern 2024 is divided into two stages: prelims and mains. As per the SBI PO exam pattern, prelims consist of 100 marks, while the mains consist of 250 marks. There is a negative marking of 0.25 in both prelims and mains.
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Prelims
The SBI PO exam pattern for prelims consists of three sections with objective-type questions. Altogether, there are 100 questions worth 1 mark each. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
|Total Mark allotted
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Mains
As per the SBI PO exam pattern for mains, candidates will get 3 hours to finish their objective section and 30 minutes to complete the descriptive section for the SBI PO mains question paper. The exam will consist of 157 questions worth 250 marks.
Note: The descriptive section will be checked only if the candidate clears the objective section.
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
|General, Economy, and banking awareness
|English (Letter writing and essay writing )
|3 hours 30 minutes
SBI PO 2024 Syllabus
Those who are preparing for the SBI probationary officer exam should note that the exam includes a wide range of topics that include different sections of the prelims and main examination.
The SBI PO syllabus includes English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning, general economy, and banking awareness.
Candidates must review the SBI PO previous year’s question paper and take the SBI PO mock test to get an idea of the type and format of questions asked in the exam. The subject-wise SBI PO syllabus is provided below.
SBI PO Syllabus: Subject-wise
- SBI PO English Language: reading comprehension, cloze test, fill in the blank, vocabulary, para jumbles, error spotting, paragraph completion, tenses, sentence completion.
- SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude: profit loss, simplification, work and time, sequence and series, mixtures and allegations, permutations, combinations, probability, measurement, time and distance, date interpretation, percentage, number system ratio, and proportion
- SBI PO Reasoning Ability: Logical reasoning, alphanumeric series, directions, alphabet test, data sufficiency, ranking and order, seating arrangement, puzzle, blood relation, coding-decoding, input-output, tabulation, syllogisms, coded inequalities
- SBI PO Computer Awareness: the internet, memory, keyboard shortcuts, computer hardware, computer software, abbreviations, networking, operating systems, and logic gates
- SBI PO General economy and banking awareness: general awareness, financial awareness, current affairs, static awareness, banking policies and terminologies, banking awareness, and principles of insurance
- SBI PO Data Analysis and Interpretation: Bar graph, line graph, tabular graph, charts and tables, missing case DI, radar graph case, probability, data sufficiency, let it be case DI, Pi chart, permutations, and combinations
SBI PO 2024 Books
The SBI PO exam has very limited vacancies, so a candidate needs to prepare thoroughly to clear the exam. To ace the examination in one go, candidates should start their preparation with reputed SBI PO books from top publishers.
Some of the top-notch SBI PO books are The English Language by Wren and Martin and The Quantitative Aptitude Test for Bank PO by N.K. Singh, Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey, and India Year Book by the Publications Division, Government of India.
SBI PO Salary
In comparison to other nationalised banks, candidates selected for the probationary officer position at the State Bank of India will receive a high salary package with better allowances and perks.
The basic salary offered for the post of probationary officer at SBI is INR 41,960. Apart from salary, the candidates will also get DA, HA, medical insurance, and a city compensatory allowance. The SBI PO salary is INR 41,960 with 4 advance increments on a scale of 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840.
SBI PO 2024 Preparation
The number of candidates appearing for the PO examination is increasing every year, but there are only a limited number of vacancies, leading to tough competition.
Candidates should start their SBI PO preparation by making a timetable. Checking the updated syllabus and choosing the right preparation books are some of the important parts of SBI PO preparation.
SBI PO How to prepare
- Well-versed in the syllabus and exam pattern and should know about the subtopics and marking schemes.
- Dedicate 6 to 7 hours to preparing for the exam.
- Solve the SBI PO previous year’s question paper.
- Make a study plan and prepare accordingly.
- Take mock tests, as it helps in better understanding exams, improving speed and accuracy, and analysing performance.
SBI PO 2024 Admit Card
The SBI PO admit card includes all the essential details, such as the exam centre, shift timing, dates, etc. At the time of the SBI PO recruitment exam, candidates have to carry the SBI PO admit card along with photo ID proof for verification.
The admit card will be out separately for all phases of the exam. The candidates can download their admit cards using their login credentials.
- Registration Number/ Roll Number
- DOB/ Password
SBI PO 2024 Result
The SBI PO result will be out separately for each round. The score obtained in the prelims will not be included in the final selection.
The SBI PO selection will be based on the main and interview rounds. The SBI PO Result 2024 will be out in PDF format on the official website at ibps.in.
The weightage of the written examination and the group discussion/interview of the SBI PO 2024 recruitment is 75% and 25%, respectively.
SBI PO 2024 Recruitment FAQs
Ans- The SBI PO notification will be out the First week of September 2024(tentative).
Ans- The SBI PO application form will be out along with the notification in the first week of September 2024.
Ans- The SBI PO exam for prelims and mains will be held in November and December 2024. The psychometric test and GD/interview will be held in January or February 2025.
A- The full form of the SBI PO is State Bank of India Probationary Officer.
A- The SBI PO age limit for the general category is 21-30 years. For other categories, it depends on the government’s current rule.
A- Yes, the maximum number of attempts for the general category is 4, OBC- 7, PwD (General/ OBC/ EWS)- 7, SC/ST/PwD(SC/ST) no restriction.
A- The SBI Probationary Officer’s basic salary is Rs. 42000–44,000 per month, with handsome incentives or other benefits.
Ans- The SBI PO syllabus includes English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, data analysis and interpretation, and computer aptitude.
Ans- Yes, there is a negative mark of 0.25 marks in the SBI PO exam.