RRB SSE Eligibility Criteria 2023: The Railway Recruitment Board will soon release the RRB SSE 2023 Recruitment Notification. The exam is held to fill Senior Section Engineer (SSE) vacancies in various zones of the Indian Railways. Candidates should check the eligibility requirements set by the RRB before applying for the exam. As the candidature of the candidates who fail to meet the eligibility requirement will be cancelled.
The RRB SSE 2023 Selection Process is based on a three-stage examination process. The first stage consists of an online written exam followed by document verification and a medical examination.
RRB SSE 2023 Overview
|RRB SSE 2023||Overview|
|Post||Senior Section Engineer|
|Conducted by||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Category||Latest Govt Jobs 2023|
|RRB SSE 2023 Notification||TBA|
|Selection Process||Online Written Exam|
|RRB Official Website||indianrailways.gov.in|
RRB SSE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The RRB SSE 2023 eligibility criteria will be released along with the notification. Only those candidates who have full documentation of their eligibility will be selected. All the parameters of eligibility set by the RRB are listed below:
- Age Limit
- Age Relaxation
- Education Qualfication
- Medical Standards
- Indian citizen or
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan or
- Tibetan refugees who moved to India before January 1, 1962, for permanent settlement or
- Indian-origin migrants from countries such as Pakistan, Burma (Myanmar), Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and/or East Africa, such as Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zaire, or Ethiopia.
- The minimum age of the candidates should not be less the 21 years
- The upper age limit of candidates should be 30 years.
Candidates who belong to reserved categories will get a relaxation on the upper age limit as per the rule of the GoI. To get the benefits of age relaxation, candidates have to provide their caste certificate at the time of DV.
|J&K candidates who are domiciled|
during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
|PWD +UR||10 years|
|PWD+ SC/ST||15 years|
|Divorced or widowed women who are legally|
separated from their husbands
|UR: upto 35 years|
OBC: upto 38 years
SC/ST: upto 40 years
The educational requirement may vary depending on the post. To apply for the post, candidates must have completed their graduation in engineering.
|SSE in P-Way, bridges, drawings, design, estimation, and TMS||A graduation degree in civil engineering from a recognised university.|
|SSE Mechanical drawing and design, carriage and wagon, DSL mechanical, DSL electrical, J&T (jigs and tools), and workshop||A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in mechanical, electrical, or electronics engineering, manufacturing, mechatronics, industrial engineering, automobile engineering, tool and die making, instrumentation and control, or automobile engineering.|
|SSE in Workshop, Drawing/Design&Drawing – Electrical, Signal, Telecommunication, (S&T) Electrical/Electrical (GS), Electrical – TRD, Electrical – TRS, (Electrical).||A graduation degree in IT/electronics/electrical or an MSc in electronics|
|SSE in track machines||A degree in engineering with mechanical, civil, electrical, electronic, or instrumentation and control from any recognised university.|
- After conducting all the rounds, the railway administration will conduct the medical fitness round to check the physical fitness of the candidates. Applicants should be medically fit in every aspect.
- The visual standard should be 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses for distance vision. For colour vision, binocular vision, the field of vision, and night vision, candidates must have near vision Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses.
RRB SSE 2023 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ans-The minimum age of candidates should be 20 years, while the maximum age should not be more than 34 years.
Ans-No, there is no interview for the RRB SSE 2023 Exam.
Ans-Candidates must have a four-year degree in engineering in a relevant discipline from a recognised university.
Ans-No, only those candidates who have completed their graduation are eligible to apply for the post.