World Heart Day is celebrated every year on September 29 with the sole motive of making people aware of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) and the preventive measures that one can take in order to keep their heart protected.
World Heart Federation (WHF) is a non-governmental organization that is responsible for sponsoring the event every year. Apart from this, WHF sponsors events all across the world in around 100 countries.
Significance of a Healthy Heart
A heartbeat is something that a doctor looks for when you’re still in your mother’s womb and we have to make sure that we take care of that heart forever from then.
This little organ is not only the pumping station of our blood, it also provides us oxygen, the source of our living. One must never overlook problems related to the heart and get themselves checked immediately.
But how can we actually keep our hearts alive and healthy? The answer is that the key to a healthy heart is a healthy lifestyle. No matter how many people in your family suffer from CVDs or if it runs in your family, the main focus should always be on healthy living.
People should refrain from eating unhealthy foods, drinking alcohol, or smoking. They should try to indulge themselves in a healthier lifestyle by performing certain exercises daily, waking up early in the morning, and breathing in that fresh oxygen.
What Are Cardiovascular Diseases?
CVDs are a group of heart diseases that include heart attacks and strokes. A person suffering from CVDs should always keep a check on their health. The most common reasons that lead to CVDs are inactive lifestyle, unhealthy food, smoking, and drinking alcohol.
Key facts about Cardiovascular Diseases
As per WHO, here is a list of certain facts about cardiovascular diseases:
- CVDs are one of the leading causes of death globally.
- As per records, 17.9 million people lost their lives in 2019, which is 32% of all global deaths. 85% were due to heart attack and stroke in them.
- Low- and middle-income countries account for over three-quarters of deaths related to CVD.
- In 2019, 38% of deaths were caused due to CVDs, out of the 17 million non-communicable premature deaths (under 70).
- CVDs can be prevented by refraining from tobacco use, controlling weight, physical activity, and not indulging in drinking alcohol.
- CVDs can be handled in a timely detected.
Since World Heart Day is just around the corner, we have a list of World Heart Day quotes and slogans that will brighten your day:
World Heart Day Quotes, Images, SMS & More
World Heart Day Slogans
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy World Heart Day! Eat right, sleep well, and keep that heart beating.