Ayodhya is among the seven most sacred places of worship for Hindus. For decades, believers of Hinduism waited for the opening of the historic Ayodhya Ram Mandir, which is finally happening in 2024.
As announced by the Shree Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust, the glorious inauguration of the sacred Ram Mandir will be held on January 22. Devotees from all around the world will be coming to Ayodhya to take the blessings of Lord Rama on this auspicious day.
As per the latest updates, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be present at the inauguration of Ayodhya Ram Mandir in January 2022. Apart from PM Modi 4,000 saints and 2,200 other guests have been invited for the ceremony.
10 Ayodhya Ram Mandir Facts
- Ayodhya Ram Mandir will be the biggest temple in India dedicated to Lord Rama. The total land allocated to the Shree Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust spans 70 acres. The main temple complex was built on 2.7 acres of designated land.
- Ram Mandir is built in the Nagara style. The entrance of the temple faces the east and is built in the Gopuram style, which represents the temples of the south.
- The temple’s design was completed nearly three decades ago, crafted by the principal architect Chandrakant Bhai Sompura. Prabhakarji Sompura, the grandfather of Chandrakant Bhai, had previously designed the Somnath Temple alongside his son, Ashish Sompura.
- The total height of the Ram Mandir is 161 feet and the total build-up area is 57,400 Sq.ft. The approximate length and breadth of the main temple is 360*235 feet.
- There are a total of 3 floors in the temple each with a height of 20 feet and there are a total of 12 gates in the main temple.
- The Shree Ram Birth Sacred Pilgrimage region consists of Shri Ram Kund, Karm Kshetra, Hanuman Gadhi, Shri Ramlala Purakalik Darshan Mandal, Shri Kamm Keerthi, Guru Vashishtha Peethika, Bhakti Teela, Tulsi, Ram Darbar, Mata Kaushalya Vatsalya Mandap, Ramangan, Ramayan, Maharishi Valmiki, Ramashrayam, Shri Dashrath, Laxman Vatika, Lav Kush Nikunj, Maryada Khand, Bharat Prasaad-Mandap, Mata Sita Rasoi Annakshetra, and Singhdwar Ke Sammukh Deepstambh.
- The idols of Lord Rama and Jaanki are built with the Shaligram Stones which are bought from the Gandaki river bank in Nepal.
- In the North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal, two Muslim sculptors, Mohammed Jamaluddin and his son Bittu, have skillfully crafted idols of Lord Ram. These magnificent statues, meticulously created by the father and son duo, are destined to adorn the temple complex.
- No steel or iron will be used in the making of the Ram Mandir. The mandir will be completely made up of stones and instead of iron, elements like copper, White Cement, and wood.
- A total of 15 members are a part of the Shree Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra trust among which 9 are permanent and 6 are nominated members.
Ram Mandir Ayodhya Facts FAQs
A. Ayodhya Ram Mandir will be inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi.
A. Ayodhya Ram Mandir will open on January 22, 2023.
A. Ram Mandir was built on an estimated budget of Rs. 1800 crore ($220 mn).
A. The temple was designed by chief architect, Chandrakant Bhai Sompura.
A. There are a total of 392 pillars in the Ram Mandir.
A. The Idol of lord Rama and Sita is built with the Shaligram stones which were bought from the Gandaki River bank.
A. New Colony, Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh 224123 is the address of Ram Mandir Ayodhya.