As everyone knows one of the largest temples of India, inaugurated on 22 January 2024. It was the most awaited moment for every devotee of Lord Ram and now the dream is come true. After a long wait of 500 years, Lord Ram is finally returned to Ayodhya.
The preparation of the consecration ceremony of Ram Mandir is on the swing, and two days before the Pran Pratishtha of Ram Lala, the photo of the Ram Lala idol is shared. The first photo and glimpse of Lord Ram’s idol are 51 inches.
The Lord Ram’s idol is made up of black stone, and it depicts the deity as a five-year-old child in a standing posture. The epic idol was made by sculptor Arun Yogiraj.
The historic moment of the Ram Mandir’s inauguration will take place in Ayodhya in the presence of over 7,000 people, so people should be informed about Lord Ram there are so many things one needs to know before Ram Mandir’s inauguration.
Who is Lord Ram?
Lord Ram or Rama is the prominent deity of Hinduism. lord Ram is the seventh and one of the most popular avatars of Lord Vishnu. Lord Ram was born in 5114 BCE to Kaushalya and Raja Dasharatha into the kingdom of Kosala. Ram went for Shiksha to the ashram of Rishi Vashistha. He had three brothers, Lakshmana, Bharata, and Shatrugna.
Since his childhood, Lord Ram was a sat parashah and he followed honesty and dharma. In his life, Lord Ram faced a lot of challenges and made difficult choices. Lord Ram married Sita, the goddess born from the earth, and was the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi. Soon after the marriage, Lord Ram was sent to exile for 14 years by his father and stepmother, Kaikeyi.
Lord Ram was the ideal son and went for 14 years of exile with his wife, Sita, and younger brother, Lakshman. Into exile, Lord Ram lived with so many difficulties and problems but with his sense of understanding and courage he won all the fights.
During the exile, Sita was kidnapped by a demon, Ravan, and Lord Ram with the help of brother Lakshman and his biggest devotee Hanuman, brought Sita back and returned home. Lord Ram returned as the King of Ayodhya but his fights with destiny continued and proved himself and gave tests and sacrificed his love and that’s why Lord Ram is considered as the greatest. Ram was the idol of truth, calmness, empathy, bravery, humility, and more.
10 things to know before Ram Mandir’s inauguration
Ram Mandir is all set to be inaugurated and behind the construction of the temple, there are so many things and facts that everyone should know. After the wait of over 500 years, the Ram Mandir is finally ready and it will be the biggest day for the devotees of Lord Ram. Here are some facts and things to know before Ram Mandir’s inauguration:
- In 1528, the Mughal ruler Mr. Baqi demolished the temple of Ram’s birthplace in Ayodhya’s Ramkot and constructed a mosque. For the first time in 1853, a section of Hindu people raised their voices and claimed that Babri Masjid was formed in the place of Ram Janambhoomi during the Babur’s era.
- In 1992, Babri Masjid was demolished in the presence of the political parties Shiv Sena, BJP, and more, and in the violence around 2,000 people were killed at that time. The violence didn’t end there and later more innocents lost their lives.
- After years of fights and suffering, In 2019, the Supreme Court handed over the land for Ram Mandir construction, and after the construction of 3-4 years, Ram Mandir will finally be inaugurated.
- The epic, Ram Mandir’s inauguration ceremony will be performed during the auspicious Abhijeet Muhurat under the guidance of Pandit Laxmikant Dixit and the other 121 Vedic Brahmins. the consecration ceremony will begin with the sailing of Saryu and a city tour.
- As per reports, throughout the day, three different kinds of aartis will be performed and only thirty people will be allowed for a aartis due to security reasons. People can book their passes through the official website and only the pass holder will be allowed to perform the aarti.
- Ram Mandir has a total of 392 pillars and 44 doors and there are five mandaps which are named, Rang Mandap, Nritya Mandap, Sabha Mandap, Kirtan Madaps, and Prarthna Mandap. The devotees will have to climb up 32 stairs through the Singh Dwar and will enter from the east.
- After the consecration ceremony, a 48-day mandala puja will be held under the guidance of the seer Pajawar Mutt, Vishwaprasanna Tirtha Swami.
- The foundation layout of Ram Mandir was constructed using the holy soil from various regions which include, places like Jhansi, Golden Temple, Haldighati, Chittorgarh, and many more.
- On the ground of the Ram Mandir, all carving and construction is done with pink sandstone which was brought from Rajasthan’s Bharatpur. the first floor will highlight and tell the story of Lord Ram’s childhood, birth, life story, and more.
- The original design of Ram Mandir was developed in 1988 by the Sampura family of Gujarat and in 2020, the old structure and design were redirected and scheduled as per the Shilpa and Vastu Shastra.