AFCAT 1 2024 Notification: The Indian Air Force released the AFCAT 1 2024 notification. As per the notification, a total of 317 vacancies are out for AFCAT 1/2024.
The AFCAT 1 2024 Notification has been released at afcat.cdac.in. Candidates who have completed their graduation and are between the ages of 20 and 26 are eligible for the AFCAT registration.
The AFCAT 1 2024 online form was out on December 1, 2023. The last date to submit the AFCAT 1 2024 application is December 30, 2023, while the IAF will conduct the AFCAT 1 2024 exam on 16th, 17th, and 18th February 2024.
The AFCAT 1 2024 notification is released for the recruitment of candidates in the Indian Air Force for class 1 gazetted officers in the flying branch and ground duty (technical and non-technical) branches.
Candidates who are interested in applying for the AFCAT 2024 can review the given article to get the most recent updates on the AFCAT 2024 important dates, eligibility, vacancy, selection process, syllabus, exam pattern, and much more.
AFCAT 1 2024 Notification (Out)
The IAF released the AFCAT 1 2024 Notification for 317 vacancies on their official website. As per the schedule, the AFCAT 1 2024 registration begins at afcat.cdac.in on December 1, 2023. Click on the given link to get the AFCAT 1 2024 notification.
The AFCAT 2024 Notification includes all the information about the AFCAT 2024 exam, including the application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and other related details.
AFCAT 2024 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||AFCAT 1 2024 Examination|
|Conducting Body||Indian Air Force|
|Exam Frequency||Yearly (Twice)|
|Exam Stages||Written Exam|
AFSB Interview Round
|Application Fees||Rs. 250|
|Exam Duration||Total: 2 hours 45 minutes|
|Mode of Language||English and Hindi|
About AFCAT Exam
The Indian Air Force administers the Air Force Common Admission Test at the national level. The exam takes place twice a year, in January and August.
The exam provides entry to the Flying Branch, Technical, and Non-Technical Ground Duty branches. The selection of candidates is based on a three-stage examination process, which includes a written examination, an AFSB interview, and a medical test.
Male and female candidates interested in joining the Indian Air Force for both the Short Service Commission in the Flying Branch and the Permanent Commission/Short Service in Ground Duties can apply for the AFCAT Exam.
AFCAT 1 2024 Exam Date(Out)
As per the tentative schedule, the AFCAT 1 2024 notification is out on 18 November 2023, and the AFCAT 1 2024 exam will be conducted in February 2024. Candidates can check the important dates for the AFCAT 2024 exam in the table below.
|AFCAT 1 2024 Notification||18 November 2023|
|AFCAT 1 2024 Registration||1 December 2023 (11:00 am)|
|AFCAT 1 2024 Registration||30 December 2023 (11:00 pm)|
|AFCAT 1 Admit Card 2024||January 2024|
|AFCAT 1 2024 Exam Date||16th, 17th, and 18th February 2024.|
|AFCAT 1 2024 Result Date||March 2024|
AFCAT 1 Apply Online 2024 (Released)
As per the AFCAT 1 2024 notification, the AFCAT 1 2024 registration begins on 1 December 2023. The AFCAT Apply Online link will be accessible on the official website of the IAF. The AFCAT registration window will be active for 30 days.
Candidates will require a photograph, signature, and left thumb impression to complete the AFCAT application form. The steps to fill out the application are provided below.
- Visit the official Indian Air Force website at careerindianairforce.cdac.in.
- On the homepage, click on “New User Registration.”
- Enter your mobile number and email ID to complete your registration.
- Enter the OTP you received in your email ID and number, and click “Submit.”
- You will receive the login credentials for your number and email ID.
- Log in with your registration number and password.
- Fill out the application form by entering your educational qualifications and other details.
- Pay the application charges and proceed further.
- Upload all required scanned documents, such as photographs, signatures, and other required certificates, in JPEG format.
- Submit the form and pay the applicable application fee.
- Keep a hard copy or printout of your application form for future reference.
AFCAT 1 2024 Exam Fee
The candidates have to pay a nominal charge of INR 250 as an AFCAT exam fee. The AFCAT application fee is to be paid online using payment methods such as credit or debit cards or net banking.
Note: The AFCAT exam fee is non-refundable
|All Categories||Rs.250/- (Non-refundable)|
AFCAT 1 2024 Vacancy
The Indian Air Force announced AFCAT Vacancy 2024 along with the release of the AFCAT 1 2024 Notification in the employment newspaper. There are 317 Short Service Commission (SSC) vacancies in the Flying Branch and Ground Duty (Non-Technical and Technical) Branches.
The information on various flying and ground duties for technical and non-technical jobs under AFCAT 2024 is given in the table below.
|Entry||Branch||For Men||For Women|
|AFCAT||Ground Duty: Technical||AE – 104|
AL – 45
|AE – 11|
AE – 5
|AFCAT||Ground Duty: Non-Technical||WS – 15|
Admin – 44
LGS – 11
Accounts – 11
Education – 8
Met – 9
|WS – 2|
Admin – 6
LGS – 2
Accounts – 2
Education – 2
Met – 2
AFCAT 1 2024 Eligibility
The candidates must check their AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 before filling out the AFCAT 2024 application. The Indian Air Force has established distinct eligibility criteria for technical and non-technical positions.
AFCAT eligibility includes nationality, age limit, and educational qualifications.
|Age Limit (For Flying Branch throughout AFCAT and NCC Special Entry)||20-26 years|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation with 60 %|
AE (L): UG or PG in engineering and technology field with a minimum of 60%
AFCAT Age Limit
As per the AFCAT age limit rule, a candidate’s age should be between 18 and 24 years for the flying branch. For ground duty, the AFCAT age limit is 20 to 26 years.
Candidates who currently hold a Commercial Pilot Licence issued by the DGCA (India) may have their maximum age limit relaxed up to 26 years.
AFCAT Education Qualification
The AFCAT qualification for the flying branch requires a BE/B.Tech degree with a minimum of 50% in both physics and math at the 10+2 level, together with a three-year degree at graduation, or a minimum of 60% from an accredited university.
For Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) (AE(L)), a degree in graduation or post-graduation in the field of engineering and technology from a recognised university is required, as is a minimum of 60% in both physics and mathematics at the 10+2 level.
AFACT 1 Physical Standards
The candidates should also meet the AFACT physical standards. The height of both male and female candidates for the flying branch is 162.5 cm, while for ground duty, the height is 157.5 cm for males and 152 cm for females.
|Branch||Height Male||Height Female|
|Flying Branch||162.5 Cms||162.5 Cms|
|Ground Duty Branch||157.5 Cms||152 Cms|
AFCAT 1 2024 Selection Process
The AFCAT 2024 selection process includes three stages: computer-based test, AFSB, and medical examination.
- Computer-Based Test: This stage is the initial step in the selection process. The AFCAT written exam consists of 100 objective-type questions each of 3 marks. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. The mode of the written exam is CBT.
- AFSB Test: After conducting the written exam, candidates have to submit a paper for the interview or personality test. This round will evaluate the candidates based on their personalities and intellectual traits.
- Medical Examination: To qualify for the position, the candidates need to qualify for all previous stages of the selection process. The two centres prescribed for the medical examination are the Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru, and the Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME).
AFCAT 1 2024 Exam Pattern
As per the AFCAT 1 2024 notification, the AFCAT Exam Pattern has two sections, and the exam will consist of 100 questions, each with 3 marks, for a total of 300 marks. Additionally, there will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer chosen by the candidate.
|AFCAT||Compulsory||General Awareness, Verbal Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude Test, Numerical Ability||100||300||2 hours|
|EKT||Technical Branch||Mechanical, Electronics, Computer Science||50||150||45 Minutes|
AFCAT 1 2024 Syllabus
The AFCAT Syllabus 2024 comprises four subjects: general knowledge, mathematics, reasoning and military aptitude, and English. The questions related to numerical ability will be at a level equivalent to that of matriculation standards.
Knowing the AFCAT syllabus is very important before beginning the preparation for the AFCAT 1 2024 exam. Candidates must review the updated AFCAT syllabus 2024 below.
- English Syllabus: Error Detection, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion, Synonym/Antonym, Vocabulary, Idioms & Phrases.
- General Awareness Syllabus: History, Geography, Political Science, General Science, Environment, Defence, Art & Culture, Current Affairs, Sports.
- Numerical Ability Syllabus: Decimal, Fractions, Time, Work, Average, Profit, Loss, Percentage, Ratio and proportion, Simple Interest, Speed, Time and Distance, HCF and LCM, Pipes And Cistern etc.
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude: Odd One Out, Analogy, Venn Diagram, Pattern Completion, Figure Classification, Dot Situation Analysis, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relation, Missing Figures, Spotting the embedded figures and sequencing
Some of the popular AFCAT books are Objective English – by RS Aggarwal, Reasoning by Manohar Pandey, RS Aggarwal, and General Science by Lucent. The complete list of AFCAT preparation books is provided below.
AFCAT 1 2024 Admit Card
The AFCAT Admit Card 2024 will be made available one week prior to the AFCAT 1 2024 exam. Candidates will be able to download their admit card via the IAF official website at afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/ by providing their AFCAT login credentials, i.e., registration number and password.
- Visit the official website of the Indian Air Force.
- Look for the AFCAT Admit Card 2024 on the home page.
- Click on the link provided.
- Enter the required details, such as the registration number and password.
- Click on the submit button.
- A new tab will open, displaying the admit card.
- Save and download the AFCAT 2024 admit card for future reference.
On release, the direct link to download the admit card will be provided below-
AFCAT 1 2024 Result
The AFCAT 1 2024 results for the written exam will be out in March 2024 on the official website of the IAF. The AFCAT 2 result includes the names of the candidates who are shortlisted for the next round. The results for each stage will be released separately, along with the final cut-off and answer key.
The AFCAT 2024 results will contain information about the candidate names, roll numbers, and qualifying status. Candidates will be able to download their results using their login credentials.
AFCAT 2024 Salary
As per the AFCAT 1 2024 notification, selected candidates from the AFCAT 2024 exam will earn a stipend of Rs. 56,100 at the time of their training. Following their training period, candidates would be paid between 56100 and 1,10700, according to the seventh Central Pay Commission.
Along with their AFCAT salary, candidates would also receive military service pay of INR 15,500 and other benefits like TA, DA, accommodation, school facilities, CSD facilities, etc.
|Pay Band (All Branches)||INR 56,100 per month|
|Level 10 in the Pay Matrix||INR 56,100 – INR 1,10,700( as per 7th CPC)|
|Military Service Pay||INR 15,500|
|Flying Branch||INR 11,250|
|Technical Branch Officers||INR 2,500|
AFCAT 1 2024 Notification FAQs
A. The AFCAT full form is the Air Force Common Admission Test.
A. Candidates can visit the official website of AFCAT at careerindianairforce.cdac.in to fill out their online application.
A. The AFCAT 1 2024 exam will be held in the 3rd week of February 2024.
A. Yes, women can apply for this AFCAT exam.
A. The AFCAT age limit for the flying branch is between 20 to 24 years, whereas for Ground Duty, the age limit is between 20 to 26 years.
A. No, candidates can appear for the AFCAT exam after the 12th.
A. The salary of an AFCAT flying officer is between INR 56, 100 to INR 1, 10, 700.
A. There are three phases in the AFCAT 2024 selection process: an online exam, an interview, and a medical examination.
A. Yes, the AFCAT exam is held twice a year, in February and August of every year.
A. The IAF released the AFCAT 1 notification on November 18, 2023, via the employment newspaper.
A. The AFCAT 1 Registration 2024 commenced on December 1, 2023. The last date to apply is December 30, 2023.
A. The AFCAT 1 Exam Dates 2024 are February 16, 17, and 18, 2024.