AFCAT 2 2023 Selection Process: The Indian Airforce has released the official notification for AFCAT 2023 Recruitment on its official website. Candidates appearing for the examination should know about the complete details of the selection procedure.
The candidate who meet the AFCAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria will go through four stages: Written Test, AFSB interview, Medical Exam, and Final Selection which has been mentioned in official AFCAT 2 2023 exam notification. The AFCAT 1 2023 written exam will be held on 25th, 26th and 27th August 2023.
AFCAT 2023 Related Articles
AFCAT 2023 Phase I: Written Test
The AFCAT test format for the online computer-based examination is separated into four sections: General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning, and Military Aptitude Test.
As per the AFCAT 2023 Exam Pattern, important details are given in the points below.
- The exam is made up of 100 multiple-choice questions with a total score of 300.
- EKT is separated into three categories: Mechanical, Computer Science, and Electrical & Electronics.
- The exam is made up of 50 multiple-choice questions with a total score of 150. All questions are objective-type, regardless of the job preference.
AFCAT 2023 Phase II: AFSB Interview
Applicants who apply for the NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Branch will receive direct AFSB testing calls. The AFSB Interview comprises three phases:
- On the initial day of the Interview round, candidates will have to undergo the Officer Intelligence Rating Test along with Picture Perception and discussion tests.
- Once candidates clear the Stage 1, which is the Screening Test, they will be required to undergo a document verification process to confirm their eligibility for the positions.
- Those candidates who fail to meet the eligibility criteria or do not qualify will be sent back on the first day.
The psychological test will be conducted on the first day in the evening, followed by Group Tests and personality tests for the following five days after the document verification.
- This stage is conducted only for those who applied for Flying Branch.
- The Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) Test is compulsory and will only be administered to the Flying Branch.
- Candidates who were unsuccessful in their previous attempt at CPSS/PABT or a Flight Cadet who has been suspended from flying training at the Air Force Academy are ineligible to apply.
AFCAT 2023 Phase III: Medical Examination
Following the personality tests, successful candidates must pass a medical examination. While the selection process is underway, candidates must be both mentally and physically fit. The administering body will schedule a medical examination to assess the candidate’s physical and medical health.
AFCAT 2023 Phase IV: Final Selection
The final selection will be based on the final merit list, which will be published on the official AFCAT website. The recommended candidates’ list will be determined solely on the basis of their merit and the number of openings available in various AFCAT branches.
AFCAT 2023 Selection Process FAQs
A. No, candidates with permanent Tattoos are not allowed for the AFCAT 2023 exam.
A. The nature of the AFCAT 2023 Selection Process is moderate. It is mandatory to clear each phase of the AFCAT 2023 selection process for the final selection.
A. Yes, the candidates who will clear the online written test will face the interview round in the second phase.
A. Yes, in the third stage of the AFCAT 2023 Selection Process, the candidates will go through the Medical Examination.
A. Yes, the candidates after the 12th class examination can appear for the AFCAT 2023 Exam.