SSC MTS 2023 Eligibility Criteria: The Staff Selection Commission has released the eligibility criteria along with the SSC MTS 2023 Recruitment Notification. In order to appear for the exam candidates must meet the eligibility requirements set by SSC.
The SSC MTS Exam is conducted annually for the recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial positions in various ministries and departments of the central government. Candidates can review the given article to get complete details on the eligibility criteria for the SSC MTS 2023 Exam.
SSC MTS 2023 Selection Process
The Staff Selection Commission has set the SSC MTS 2023 selection process. The selection of candidates is determined by the online computer-based exam, which is followed by document verification.
|Paper 1||Computer Based Test|
|Physical Requirement||PST/PET(Only for MTS Havaldar Post)|
|Document Verification||Documents confirming the eligibility are verified|
SSC MTS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their eligibility in order to avoid rejection at the document verification stage. The eligibility requirement includes an age limit, age reservation, education qualification, nationality, and physical standards (only for MTS Havaldar posts.
- Citizen of India or
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan or
- Tibetan refugee who moved permanently to India before January 1, 1962 or
- Migrants from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire and Zambia who have Indian origin.
- Candidates from the above-listed countries, except India, have to procedure the eligibility certificate issued by the government of India.
- The age limit for SSC MTS in the CBN department is between 18 to 25 years.
- Candidates for SSC MTS in CBIC must be between the ages of 18 and 27.
The age relaxation is provided for the reserved category. Applicants should be aware that the age relaxation only applies to the maximum age. The maximum upper age after the relaxation is 45 years. Candidates who will claim the relaxation have to provide valid documentation.
|Category||Upper Age Relaxation|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||05 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.(SC/ST)||08 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees||Up to 40 years of age.|
|Central Government Civilian Employees(SC/ST)||Up to 45 years of age.|
|Divorced women/widow/women judicially separated and are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age.|
|Divorced women/widow/women judicially separated and are not remarried(SC/ST)||Up to 40 years of age.|
- Candidates must have completed their 10th grade from any recognised board. A candidate is not eligible to apply if they do not complete their matriculation on or before the last date for application submission.
For SSC MTS Havaldar Post-candidates must fulfil the physical requirement. The physical standard consists of three components, which are height, chest size, and weight. Complete physical standard details for both male and female candidates are provided below in the given table.
|Height||157.5 cms |
(Relaxation of 5 cm ST, Garhwali, Assamese and Gorkhas)
(Relaxation of 2.5 cm ST, Garhwali, Assamese and Gorkhas)
(Minimum expansion: 5 cm)
(Relaxation of 2 Kg ST, Garhwali, Assamese and Gorkhas)
At the final stage of selection, candidates have to submit all the documents proving their age limit, identity, and other eligibility. Candidates who wish to take advantage of the relaxation must provide a caste certificate issued by the concerned authority under the GoI. The list of required documents is provided below.
- Photo ID Proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, etc.
- 10th grade mark sheet
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Discharge Certificate (for ESM)
- Disability Certificate (if any)
- No Objection Certificate (For government/PSU employees)
- Other eligibility-proving documents
SSC MTS 2023 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ans-The minimum age limit for candidates should be 18 years, while the maximum age should not be more than 25 years. The upper age limit for some of the posts under MTS is 27 years.
Ans-Candidates must have completed their 10th from a recognised board.
Ans-Yes, candidates will get age relaxation based on their category. The age relaxation for SC/ST is 5 years, and for OBC it is 3 years.
Ans- Yes, EWS category candidates will get the 10% reservation.