SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Recruitment: The Staff Selection Commission every year conducts an open competitive examination for the recruitment to the post of Scientific Assistant in the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
SSC Scientific Assistant is the “Group B” non-gazetted and non-ministerial post in Level “6” of the Pay Matrix as per the Recruitment Scheme formulated by the IMD and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between the SSC and the IMD.
The recruitment gives the opportunity to the deserving candidates to work under the prestigious government organisation. The candidates willing to apply for the recruitment should have thorough information regarding the details such as eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, application fee, application process, etc., which is provided in this article.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Notification
The Staff Selection Commission will soon publish the official notification for the recruitment of the SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 on its official website, www.ssc.nic.in. We will provide a direct link to the official notification below as soon as the SSC publishes it.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Overview
Though the notification of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 is yet to be released, the following table gives you a basic idea of such details.
|Name of the Examination||SSC Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||to be notified|
|SSC Official Website||www.ssc.nic.in|
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Important Dates
|SSC Scientific Assistant Notification Release||September 2023|
|Starting Date of the Online Application||September 2023|
|Last Date of Generation of Offline Challan||To be Notified|
|Last Date of the Online Application||To be Notified|
|Last Date of the Online Fee Payment||To be Notified|
|Last Date for Payment through Challan||To be Notified|
|Date of the Computer-based Examination||December 2023|
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Job Profile
The SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 job profile includes various tasks and responsibilities in the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), such as assisting the senior scientist in various projects led by the IMD, preparing reports and then getting them approved by senior management, working with an internal team and using scientific principles to release forecasts, and conducting research on weather forecasting, food forecasting, and meteorological events from time to time.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Salary
As per the recruitment scheme formulated by the IMD and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between the Staff Selection Commission and the IMD, the candidates shortlisted for the post of Scientific Assistant in the Indian Meteorological Department will get a salary as per Level 6 of the 7th Pay Commission.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Eligibility Criteria consists components including Nationality, Educational Qualification, Age Limit and Age Relaxation etc.
A candidate must be a citizen of India OR
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan, OR
- a Tibetan refugee migrated to India before January 1, 1962, OR
- A person migrated to India from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and East African nations including Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire, Zambia, and the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor Degree with 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA in Science (with Physics as one of the subject) /Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications, OR
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognised Institute/ University or Equivalent.
The age criteria for the candidates applying for the SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 examination are as follows:
- Minimum Age Limit: 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 years
The Age relaxation will be given to the candidates belonging to the reserved categories. The category-wise age reservation is mentioned below:
|PwD+ OBC||13 years|
|PwD+ SC/ST||15 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled during a operation with any foreign country or disputed area||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled during a operation with any foreign country or disputed area (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of the Computer-based Examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Therefore, there is only one stage in the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Selection Process, and it will be followed by a Document Verification round.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must understand the details of the exam pattern before starting their preparation for the examination. Complete details regarding the SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Exam Pattern are mentioned below:
- The SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 examination is conducted in two parts: Part I and Part II.
- Part I comprises four subjects carrying 25 questions each, whereas Part II comprises questions based on the subjects you opted for in your graduation/diploma.
- The nature of the questions asked in the examination is Objective-type.
- The examination comprises 200 questions worth one mark each.
- Each question carries one mark for every correct answer.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Part I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|English Language & Comprehension||25||25|
|Part II||Physics/Computer Science & Information Technology/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||100||100||A composite time of 120 minutes/2 Hours|
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Syllabus
Candidates must be well aware of the SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Syllabus in order to start preparing accordingly to ensure their final section. The Subject Wise Syllabus for the examination is mentioned below:
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Quantitive Aptitude||English Language & Comprehension||General Awareness||Syllabus for SSC Scientific Assistant Part II|
|Analogy & Classification||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||National & International Current Affairs||Mechanics|
|Series||Number Series||Error Spotting||Static G.K.||Optics|
|Direction & Distances||Data Interpretation||Cloze Test||Banking Awareness||Thermal Physics|
|Seating Arrangement||Quadratic Equations||Para-Jumble||Countries/Currencies/Capitals||Electronics|
|Syllogism||Data Sufficiency||Fill in the Blanks||Books & Authors||Computer|
|Blood Relation||Ratio & Proportion||Grammer||Awards & Honours||Operation System|
|Venn Diagram||Profit & Loss||Vocabulary & Spellings||Government Schemes||Internet Technology|
|Puzzles||Discount||Synonyms & Antonyms||Organisations & Headquarters||Conductors/ Semi-Conductors|
|Inequalities||Average||Prepositions||Important Dates & Images||Circuits & Voltage|
|Input-Output||Mixture & Allegation||Parts of Speech||Indian Climate||Propagation of Signals|
|Coding-Decoding||Percentage||Mode of Narration||Indian Economy||Modulation|
|Data Sufficiency||Profit & Loss||Sports||Multiplexing|
|Order & Ranking||Time & Speed||Digital Communication|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Time & Distance|
|Permutation & Combination|
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Application Fee
Candidates who are willing to apply for SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 recruitment must pay the online application fee, which you can pay through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, or a RuPay Credit or Debit Card, or in cash at SBI Branches by generating an SBI Challan.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Application Process
The SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Online Application Process consists of two parts: One-Time Registration and filling out the Online Application for the examination. You are advised to follow the steps mentioned below to fill out the online application form for SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023.
- Visit the official notification of the Staff Selection Commission at www.ssc.nic.in.
- Click on “Register Now” in the login section of the homepage.
- Go for the online registration and provide your basic and education qualification-related details.
- Log in with your auto-generated Registration No. and Password and upload the required documents, such as your recent passport-size colour photo, signature, etc.
- Now pay the application fee via online modes or in cash at the SBI branch by generating an SBI challan.
- Now download your application form and take a printout of it for future reference.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Admit Card
The SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Admit Card for the Computer-Based Examination will be released on the official website of the SSC, some days before the exam is conducted. Also, a notice about the information regarding the Admit Card will be provided on the official website of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
- Visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission at www.ssc.nic.in.
- Click on “SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Admit Card” on the homepage.
- Now, enter the required login credentials, such Registration No. and Password.
- Click on “Summit” and the admit card will appear on your screen.
- Download the admit card and take a printout of it.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Result
- Visit the official website of the SSC at www.ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the “SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Result” link.
- Enter your Roll. No. and Password, and click on “Summit”.
- Now, the result will be displayed in PDF form.
- Download the pdf and search to see whether your name and roll number is among the selected candidates.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Cut-Off
The SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 cut-off will be released along with its result on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission. The SSC decides the cut-off based on these important factors:
- The difficulty level of the exam
- The number of vacancies
- The total number of aspirants appearing in the exam
- The process of normalisation
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 FAQs
A. The official website of the Staff Selection Commission is www.ssc.nic.in.
A. The selection process for the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 recruitment includes a Computer-Based Examination, followed by a Document Verification round.
A. The age limit for SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 recruitment is between 18 and 30 years, including both.
A. The age relaxation given to the candidates in the SC/ST category is 5 years, and for the OBC category, it is 3 years.
A. The online application fee for SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 is Rs. 100 for General, EWS OBC candidates, whereas SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen, and female candidates have been exempted from the fee payment.
A. There will be a total of 200 questions in the Computer-Based Examination of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023.
A. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
A. The Computer-based Examination for SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 is expected to be conducted in December 2023.