SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Eligibility Criteria: The Staff Selection Commission, also popularly known as “SSC,” will soon release the official notification of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 recruitment.
This comes as a golden opportunity for Science graduates/ Diploma holders to get a reputed and well-paid job in the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) as a Scientific Assistant.
SSC Scientific Assistant is the “Group B” non-gazetted and non-ministerial post in Level “6” of the pay matrix, as per the recruitment scheme formulated by the IMD and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between the SSC and the IMD.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Overview
Though the notification of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 is yet to be released, the following table gives you a basic idea of such details.
|Name of the Examination||SSC Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||to be notified|
|Job Location||All India|
|SSC Scientific Assistant Notification Release||September 2023|
|Date of the Computer-based Examination||December 2023|
|Salary||Rs. 35400-112400/- (Level 6)|
|SSC Official Website||www.ssc.nic.in|
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Selection Process
Before starting your SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 preparation, you must know the selection process of the recruitment. The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of how they perform in the Computer-based Examination. The SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Selection Process is as follows:
- Computer-based Examination (CBE)
- Document Verification (DV)
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates willing to apply for SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 must have detailed information about the eligibility criteria set by the Staff Selection Commission for the examination. The aspirants must be well aware of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Eligibility Criteria given below to make sure they can apply for the examination.
- Age Limit
- Age Relaxation
- Educational Qualification
To be eligible for the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 examination, the candidates need to be either a citizen of India or:
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before January 1, 1962, or
- A person who migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and East African countries including Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam
- The candidates, other than Indian citizens, must possess a certificate of eligibility issued in their favour by the Government of India.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor Degree in Science (with Physics as one of the subject) /Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications, OR
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognised Institute/ University or Equivalent.
- The qualifying Degree or Diploma referred above should be in First Class (60% marks) or 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- The qualifying Degree or Diploma referred above must be of three year duration after (10+2) examination.
- The Applicant must have passed 10+2 Examination from a recognised board or equivalent in Science with Physics and Mathematics as core subjects.
The age criteria for the candidates applying for the SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 examination are as follows:
- Minimum Age Limit: 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 years
The Age relaxation will be given to the candidates belonging to the reserved categories. The category-wise age reservation is mentioned below:
|PwD+ OBC||13 years|
|PwD+ SC/ST||15 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequences thereof||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequences thereof (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 FAQs
A. The official website of the Staff Selection Commission is www.ssc.nic.in.
A. The age limit for SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 recruitment is between 18 and 30 years, including both.
A. The age relaxation given to the candidates in the SC/ST category is 5 years, and for the OBC category, it is 3 years.
Does taking the exam require a certain level of experience?
No, the experience qualifications are not mentioned in such a manner.
What is the format of the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam?
The written portion of the SSC Scientific Assistant Test consists of two parts. It will be carried out online. The exam lasts for two hours and is worth a total of 200 points. The written exam results that were acquired are used to create the merit list.
Can I take the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam many Times?
There is no predetermined number of retakes for the SSC Scientific Assistant Test. Once you achieve the age requirement, you are permitted to retake the exam as many times as necessary. The age restriction for the SSC Scientific Assistant Test is 30 years old. Depending on the group a person falls within, age restrictions are stated.
What is the application process for the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam?
Applicants who want to work as scientific assistants can register online for the SSC Scientific Assistant Test. Applicants are required to complete the application forms located on the official website.