The GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test) 2020 will be organized by Delhi IIT in the first and the second week of February 2020. These details are also available on the official website http://gate.iitd.ac.in/idates.php
The IIT has released the important dates, the eligibility criteria and other details for the GATE 2020 examination. The GATE exam is a joint test which is conducted by IISc the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore and the other II T’s which are (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, and Roorkee) for the admissions in Master’s/ Doctoral programs.
The GATE 2020 examination will be conducted on 1st, 2nd, 8th, and 9th February 2020. The process for application will begin this year in the month of September, and the exam will be conducted for 25 subjects. The exam will be a computer-based test also known as CBT.
The registration process for GATE 2020 will be through GOAPS and will begin on September 3, 2019 (GATE Online Application Processing System). The application window will close on September 24, 2019. And the last extended date for the application will be 1st October 2019.
GATE 2020 important dates
Gate 2020 registration will start from September 3, 2019, the closing date for the submission of application form is 24th September 2019, and the extended closing date for the submission of application form is October 1, 2019.
The final date for requesting a change of exam city is November 15, 2019 (with additional fee). The admit card will release on January 3, 2020.
The exam will be held on 1, 2, 8, and 9 of February 2020. The timings of the exam are 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM, 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
The result will be declared on March 16, 2020.
Eligibility criteria for GATE 2020
The applicants should have completed their Bachelor’s degree or should be in their final year. Applicants who have cleared their bachelors should submit their passing certificates, and the applicants who are in their last year should submit a certificate from their institute’s principle.
The candidates who have/ are doing these courses can apply for GATE 2020
- B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Pharm. (4 years after 10+2 Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology Or 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology and those who are in the final year of these programs
- B.Arch (5 years Bachelor’s degree in Architecture)
- B.Sc.(Research)/ B.S 4 years after 10+2 Bachelor’s degree in Science OR Post Diploma in Science
- M.Sc./ M.A./ MCA or equivalent (Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent)
- Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post B.Sc.) Post- B.Sc.Integrated Master’s degree program in Engineering/ Technology (Four-year program)
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2) Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology (Five-year program)
- Int. M. Sc/ Int. B.S.-M.S. Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B.S.-M.S. program
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch.) B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
The applicants who have cleared there GATE 2020 will be given admission in colleges like IITs, NITs, IIITs and some CFTIs for the M.Tech course. There is no separate counseling process, and the candidates will have to apply separately for the different counseling process.
GATE 2020 application fees
- If applied on or before 24th September Rs.750
- After 24th September Rs. 1250
Application fees for all other candidates
- If applied on or before 24th September is Rs.1500
- After 24th September Rs. 2000