SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process: The Staff Selection Commission of India is set to publish the notification for the SSC CPO 2023 Recruitment Examination on its official website, www.ssc.nic.in. As per the SSC 2023–24 Exam Calendar the notification for Central Police Organization will be released on 20 July 2023.
CPO stands for Central Police Organization. Every year, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CPO examination for the recruitment of eligible candidates for the post of Sub-Inspector in the Central Paramilitary Forces.
SSC CPO Highlights
|Name of the Examination||Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organisation|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the Posts||Sub-inspector in Delhi Police, CISF, BSF, CRPF, CISF, SSB and Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF|
|Mode of Application||Online|
SSC CPO 2023 Name of Posts
The posts that comes under SSC CPO are list below:
- Delhi Police Sub-Inspector
- Border Security Force (BSF) Sub-Inspector
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Sub-Inspector
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Sub-Inspector
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) Sub-Inspector
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Sub-Inspector
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process
- Paper 1 (Online Written Examination)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)/Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Paper 2 Written Examination
- Medical Examination
SSC CPO 2023 Quick Links
|SSC CPO 2023 Recruitment||SSC CPO 2023 Eligibility Criteria|
|SSC CPO 2023 Exam Pattern||SSC CPO 2023 Syllabus|
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1
The first stage of the SSC CPO 2023 is the Online Written Examination- Paper 1, which includes four sections i.e., Reasoning, Quantitive Aptitude, English & Comprehension and General Awareness.
Each section comprises 50 questions, which means Paper 1 comprises a total of 200 questions worth 1 mark each. There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer. Also, there isn’t any sectional timing, and the time allotted for the whole examination is 2 hours.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Total||200||200||A composite Time of 2 hours|
Physical Ability Test
The second stage of the SSC CPO examination selection process is divided into two parts, and to move on to the next steps, candidates must pass these two criteria.
- Physical Standard Endurance Test (PET)
- Physical Endurance Test (PST)
Physical Standard Test (PET)
The Physical Standard Test is mandatory for those who qualify for Online Examination Paper 1. The eligibility details are tabulated below:
|Category||Height (cm)||Chest (cm) (Unexpanded)||Chest (cm) (Expended)|
|Male Candidates who belong to the hilly areas of Himachal Pradesh, Garhwal, Kumaon, Dogras, Marathas, Leh and Ladakh regions of Jammu & Kashmir, North Eastern States, Sikkim||165||80||85|
|Female Candidates who belong to the hilly areas of Himachal Pradesh, Garhwal, Kumaon, Dogras, Marathas, Leh and Ladakh regions of Jammu & Kashmir, North Eastern States, Sikkim||155||N/A||N/A|
- Female candidates doesn’t require to have a minimum chest measurement.
- PET is not required for Ex-Servicemen applying for SSC CPO.
Physical Endurance Test (PST)
The parameters for Physical Endurance Test (PST) for both Male and Female are mentioned below:
|Eligibility Criteria Test||Male||Female|
|100 Meter Race||16 second||18 second|
|800 Meter Race||–||4 minutes|
|1.6 Km Race||6.5 minutes||–|
|3.65 meters||2.7 meters|
|1.2 meters||0.9 meters|
|Short Put (16 lbs)|
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2
The candidates who pass the Physical Standard Test (PST)/Physical Endurance Test (PST) will qualify for the Online Written Examination, Paper 2. This examination comprises only one section, i.e., English Comprehension & Comprehension, which consists of 200 questions, each worth one mark. For each wrong answer there will a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
Candidates who qualify the Online Written Examination- Paper 2 will be called for a detailed medical examination, which will be assessed by medical officers of the CAPFs Central/State Government Hospital or state government hospital or dispensary.
Candidates who are assisted to be unfit will be informed about the same, and within the time period of 15 days, they can apply for review to the Medical Review Board. Also, the decision from the Review Medical Board will be considered to be final, and no further appeals will be entertained. The details regarding the Medical Examination are given below.
Physical and Mental Health
- The candidate cannot have physical conditions including knock knees, varicose veins, flat feet, or squinted eyes.
- The candidate must have good physical and mental health. Any physical commitment that can be a hurdle in the duty could be rejected.
- The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye).
- The minimum distance vision of both eyes should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eyes) of both eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity.
Candidates will also have to pass seven obstacles as a part of the Inspector and Sub-Inspector Selection Process. These are:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Tarzan Swing
- Parallel Rope
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope
The Staff Selection Commission has strict guidelines on wearing tattoos during a physical examination. Tattoos will be allowed as per the following stipulations only.
(a) Content: Tattoos depicting religious figures or symbols and the name, as followed in the Indian Army, are permitted.
(b) Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like the inner aspect of the forearm, but only on the left forearm (being non-saluting limb) and dorsum of the hand, shall be allowed.
(c) Size: size must be less than 1/4 of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
SSC CPO 2023 FAQs
A. The official website of the Staff Selection Commission is www.ssc.nic.in.
A. The selection process of SSC CPO 2023 comprises four stage i.e, Online Examination- Paper 1, Physical Ability Test, Online Examination- Paper 2 and Medical Examination.
A. The age limit for SSC CPO 2023 lies between 20 and 25 years.