SSC CPO 2023 Syllabus: The Staff Selection Commission every year conducts the SSC CPO examination for the recruitment of the eligible candidates for the post of Sub-Inspector in the Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), such as the Delhi Police, BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, etc.
With this, the SSC provides a golden opportunity to candidates who want to work in the defence sector at the central government level. Hence, thousands of candidates apply for SSC CPO every year with the aim of building their careers in the defence sector.
On its official website, www.ssc.nic.in, the Staff Selection Commission will soon post the official notification for the SSC CPO 2023 Recruitment Examination. In order to pass the exam, candidates who wish to apply must be familiar with the SSC CPO Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
SSC CPO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates willing to apply for the examination this year must meet the SSC CPO 2023 Eligibility Criteria set by the Staff Selection Commission. It consists of various parameters, which are provided below:
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
- Age Relaxation
SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process
Before starting preparation for the examination, candidates need to know about the SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process, which comprises the following stages:
- Paper 1 (Online Written Examination)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)/Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Paper 2 Written Examination
- Medical Examination
SSC CPO 2023 Exam Pattern
The SSC CPO 2023 Exam Pattern for written examination is divided into two stages i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2. Check out the details of the exam pattern of Paper 1 and Paper 2.
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1
- The first stage of the SSC CPO 2023 is the Online Written Examination- Paper 1, which includes four sections: Reasoning, Quantitive Aptitude, English & comprehension, and General Awareness & Knwoledge.
- Each section comprises 50 questions, which means Paper 1 comprises a total of 200 questions worth 1 mark each.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- Also, there isn’t any sectional timing, and the time allotted for the whole examination is 2 hours.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|English Language & Comprehension||50||50|
|Total||200||200||A composite Time of 2 hours|
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2
- The candidates who pass the Physical Standard Test (PST)/Physical Endurance Test (PST) will qualify for the Online Written Examination, Paper 2.
- This examination comprises only one section, i.e., English Comprehension & Comprehension, which consists of 200 questions, each worth one mark.
- For each wrong answer there will a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO 2023 Syllabus
The candidates willing to apply for SSC CPO 2023 must have detailed knowledge of its syllabus. We have provided a detailed syllabus of the SSC CPO 2023 syllabus below:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
The General Intelligence and Reasoning section is one of the highest scoring section in the SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1. It includes topics like
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualisation
- Spatial Orientation
- Non-verbal series
- Statement & Conclusion
- Direction & Distances
- Blood Relations
- Order & Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Puzzles & Sitting Arrangement
- Mirror Image
- Counting of Figures.
The quantitative aptitude section includes arithmetic and advanced math questions.The Arithmetic section contains questions based on
- Ratio & Proportion
- Problem of Ages
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Boat & Streat
- Pipes & Cistern
The Advance Maths section, on the other hand, includes questions on Geometry, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Trigonometry, Heights and Distances, Quadrilaterals, Algebra, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Histograms etc.
English Language & Comprehension
This section assesses candidates’ ability to understand basic comprehension and their knowledge of vocabulary and grammar. The questions in this section are based on
- Error Spotting
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Sentence Completion
- Single fillers
- Fill in the blanks
- Phrases & Idioms
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary & Grammer
General Knowledge and Awareness
The syllabus of the “General Knowledge & Awareness” section of SSC CPO Paper 1 is very vast, as it includes questions based on
- National & International Current Affairs
- Awards & Honours
- Books & Authors
- Government Schemes
- Important Days
- Indian Constitution
SSC CPO 2023 FAQs
A. The SSC CPO posts includes Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Special Forces.
A. The SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1 includes four sections: General Intelligence & Reasoning, Quantitive Aptitude, English Language & Comprehension and General Knowledge & Awareness.
A The SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2 includes only one section i.e., English Language & Comprehension.