Samsung is ready to launch its new Galaxy “A series” smartphone A80 this month in India. It will be the 7th model in Galaxy A series after Galaxy A50, A30, A20, A10, A70, and A2 Core.
South Korean tech giant Samsung is ready to launch its new Galaxy “A series” smartphone A80 this month in India. It has a rotating triple camera system and a full-screen display.
A80 will be available in selected markets globally. Originally it was supposed to go on sale in markets of Asia, Australia, China, Europe, Hongkong, Middle East, New Zealand, and Russia in the latter part of May. Samsung announced the sale of Galaxy A80 on Monday through a press statement.
Launch in India
Yeon Jeong, who is the head of innovation and product planning group at Samsung Electronics, stated that India is one of the biggest and fast-changing smartphones in the market. Samsung has a target to maintain their top position in the Indian market, and they believe that if they win the Indian market, they can win any global market.
“Our target is to maintain the top position in the Indian smartphone market. If we win the Indian market, we can win any global market. Indians love technology, therefore, we launch many of our products here and would continue to do so,” Yeon told IANS.
Won’t Be Online Exclusive
Unlike M series models which were sold exclusively online, the upcoming phone will not be solely available online. Samsung has once again gained momentum in the Indian market with A and M series. Samsung sold a record five million units of Galaxy “A series” phones in just 70 days, starting March 1, achieving $1 billion revenue. The company has so far launched six models in the Galaxy A series — Galaxy A50, A30, A20, A10, A70, and A2 Core.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Specifications
- Samsung Galaxy A80 has a 480 MP camera, with a LED flash, an f/2.0 aperture
- An 8MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle camera rotating camera. The mechanism delivers a triple camera experience with the same high-resolution lens front and rear.
- It is dual sim (nano) the camera has 3D depth sensing tertiary sensor an IR sensor is also available.
- A80 is supposed to have 6.7-inch Full HD+Infinity-U Super AMOLED display with 2400×1080 pixels screen resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio.
- A80 runs Android 9 Pie with Samsung One UI and is powered by a 3700mAh battery that supports 25W super fast charging.