SSC Stenographer 2023 Preparation: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year conducts the SSC Stenographer examination for Stenographer Grade “C” and Grade “D”. Thousands of candidates applied for the position, as it is the only exam held by the SSC for stenographers, .
As per the SSC 2023-24 Exam Calendar, the official notification of SSC Stenographer 2023 recruitment will be published in August 2023 on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission, www.ssc.nic.in.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Overview
|Name of the Examination||SSC Stenographer|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Computer Based Written Examination|
|Post under the Recruitment||Group C and D Officers|
|Notification Release Date||August 2, 2023|
|Starting Date of Online Application||August 2, 2023|
|Last Date of Online Application||August 23, 2023|
|SSC Official Website||www.ssc.nic.in|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Preparation Strategy
1- Know the Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam Pattern is divided into two parts. The first level is the Group C and Group D online written test that consists of multiple-choice questions.
The next stage is Stenography Skill Test, in which the candidates will be dictated a passage at 80 and 100 words per minute for Groups D and C, respectively. The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer.
2- Understand the Syllabus
If you are preparing for SSC Stenographer 2023 with an aim to get selection this year, the first thing you must do is “Understand the Syllabus” of SSC Stenographer. The syllabus for SSC Stenographer remains almost the same every year, so you should have a better understanding of the SSC Stenographer 2023 Syllabus to ease your preparation.
3- Preparation Books
Candidates applying for SSC Stenographer 2023 must be aware of which book they should be using to improve their preparation. Purchase SSC Stenographer 2023 Preparation Books only from reputed and reliable publishers. Before purchasing a book, you should check its reviews online. Avoid preparing a section from multiple sources, as it will only create confusion.
4- Make a Time Table
Creating a proper study plan or a timetable that will help you improve your preparation. Make sure you honestly abide by it every day. Don’t spend the entire day trying to solve similar questions; give more time to the subjects or topics you are weak in.
5- Practice Mock Test
Practicing mock tests helps you a lot when you are preparing for online competitive exams, especially the banking exams. It helps you become habitual with the online interface, so when you actually appear in bank exams, it will be easy for you to understand the online process of the exam without any confusion.
Also, you will learn in which section you need to improve your accuracy and attempts. After giving the mock test, you must analyse it properly to acknowledge your mistakes and work on them.
Revision is the most important step to take when preparing for any exam because it helps you remember important formulas, short tricks, and other concepts you have learned so far.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Subject-Wise Preparation Strategy
The subject-wise preparation strategy for SSC Stenographer 2023 given below will help you make your preparation better.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Preparation Strategy- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- The General Intelligence & Reasoning section judges candidates’ abilities in decision-making, problem solving, and analytical thinking.
- A total of 50 questions, worth one mark each, are asked in the examination. Also, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- This section comprises questions from topics like Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism, Input-Output, Blood Relations, Directions & Distances, Data Sufficiency, Analogy etc. and assesses the candidate’s abilities in problem solving, decision-making, and analytical thinking.
- In order to score well in this section, a candidate needs to practise consistently for Puzzles, Matrix, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Classification, Analogy, etc.
- Also, having a good knowledge of directions, shapes, and diagrams will help you ace this section. Hence, practise daily with mock tests and quizzes to boost your speed and clear the basic concepts.
- After taking the mock test, analyse all types of questions so that you are prepared to take different types of questions.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Preparation Strategy- General Awareness
- “General Awareness” is one of the highest scoring and least time-consuming sections and comprises questions on current affairs, Statistic General Knowledge and Science.
- It comprises 50 questions worth one mark each in the SSC Stenographer CBT.
- To prepare for the General Science, read NCERT textbooks in Science and Social Science from Classes 6 to 10, as well as Geography and History from Classes 11 and 12.
- For current affairs, read about national and international news related to Sports, Summit & Conference, appointments, Science & Defence, Appointment, National & International, Important Days, Government Schemes etc, Indian Economy, India History, Geography etc.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Preparation Strategy- English Language
- English is one of the high-scoring subjects, and if prepared well, this section can be solved in less time.
- This section comprises 100 questions worth one mark each in the SSC Stenographer CBT.
- To prepare for the English section, candidates need to ace three important components of this section, i.e., grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- In order to have an edge in this section, the candidates need to start reading newspapers on a daily basis, especially the editorial section.
- List down the important words you find while reading the newspaper, and practise reading comprehension regularly.
- Practice mock tests and quizzes regularly, and make sure to analyse them in order to assess your strong and weak points. This will increase your problem-solving ability.
SSC Stenographer 2023 FAQs
A. The official website of the Staff Selection Commission is www.ssc.nic.in.
A. There are three stages in the SSC Stenographer 2023 selection process i.e., Computer-based Test, Stenography Skill Test and Document Verification.
A. There will be a total of 200 questions in SSC Stenographer 2023 CBT.
How many points will there be in the exam?
There are 200 possible points in the SSC Steno exam.
How can I get ready for the general intelligence and reasoning section?
Candidates must review sample papers, mock tests, and question papers from prior years.
The SSC Steno exam has any negative marking, right?
The exam does include negative marking. For each incorrect response, 0.25 points are deducted.
What are the main subjects in the English section?
The main topics for the English part include syllogisms, fill-in-the-blank questions, spotting errors, etc.
What number of questions are there in the SSC Steno exam?
There will be 200 questions on the SSC Steno test.